The Student Room Group

Girlfriend spending time with ex

Hey folks,

So here's the deal. Been with my girlfriend on and off since May last year (3 months after she cheated on her ex and left him).

August last year (3 months into our relationship), she told me she still loved her ex. So we ended it, she tried to go back to him but he rejected her.

Got back with her in March. Assured me her ex was history. We were happy and in love.

2 weeks ago he randomly contacts her saying he's depressed suicidal etc. She is now hanging out with him as a friend to ease her guilt for wrecking his life. She got him a job with her.

She told me she loves me, has no romantic feelings for her ex, and he has no romantic feelings for her.

I told her i don't feel comfortable with this. She refuses to stop hanging out with him until she sorts his life out.

Alarms bells are ringing because I've been burned by this before. But I love her.

Any advice? Am I being paranoid?
It’s probably not what you want to hear but I think she might still have feelings for her ex. If there was no previous history of her having messed you around I might say differently, but she’s left you to (try to) go back to him before. Plus she’s got a history of cheating too (on her ex to get with you).I’d be extremely cautious.. I’d certainly have alarm bells ringing in my head.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending