The Student Room Group

Learning AS Levels

Hi,
For AS/A2 llevels I am taking:
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Maths

I have finished my GCSE's and wondering when is the best time to start learning?
Should I start in the holidays?

Thanks
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by RKM21
Hi,
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Maths

I have finished my GCSE's and wondering when is the best time to start learning?

Thanks

Hey! I did the exact same subjects at AS:smile: we all say we will start in the summer but does it ever happen? You could if you want but I started from September, just keeping up whatever you study at school and going over it at home to make sure you understand it. Hope that's helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RKM21
Hi,
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Maths

Thanks

Hello,

I have completed my AS year for Biology, Chemistry and Maths. Don't like physics.:ahhhhh:

But anyways, if you know your exam board your school will be doing, I would highly recommend starting early to learn (summer time) Biology, there is a plethora(hehe look it up) to learn and in my situation it we didn't finish the course in time for the exam, so we had extra lessons and saturday lessons etc.

It would be nice to start because you will be seeing what you would do in the near future and it shows you're keen :cute:.

I wouldn't say do it everyday but keep it at a reasonable pace:thumbsup:.

For chemistry, it isn't as demanding as Biology so I wouldn't worry about it:yep:.

For maths, it is in between Biology and Chemistry - however I would still recommend wait until you get taught by a qualified teacher because they would be able to teach you different and maybe even better techniques than the book.

Not sure about Physics:tongue:.

Hope that helped:biggrin:!
Reply 4
Original post by Student07YT
Hello,

I have completed my AS year for Biology, Chemistry and Maths. Don't like physics.:ahhhhh:

But anyways, if you know your exam board your school will be doing, I would highly recommend starting early to learn (summer time) Biology, there is a plethora(hehe look it up) to learn and in my situation it we didn't finish the course in time for the exam, so we had extra lessons and saturday lessons etc.

It would be nice to start because you will be seeing what you would do in the near future and it shows you're keen :cute:.

For chemistry, it isn't as demanding as Biology so I wouldn't worry about it:yep:.

For maths, it is in between Biology and Chemistry - however I would still recommend wait until you get taught by a qualified teacher because they would be able to teach you different and maybe even better techniques than the book.

Thanks so much!
Reply 5
Original post by Student07YT
Hello,

Thank you!
I wouldn't bother. Nobody else will have started in the holidays.

Quick Reply

Latest