The Student Room Group

Doing as levels for a third time

Hi,

I have just finished resitting my as levels for the second time and i dont think i have got the grades to go onto A2. I feel like i will have to resit a third time. I don't want to resit a third time because i will still be 20/21 doing my a levels. i want to go to university next year... any help?
Have you looked into access to HE courses at all? They are a little bit more coursework based, and aimed at older students.
Have you thought about alternative options to AS levels? If you have already failed twice it probably suggests that they are not the best assessment of your abilities for you. You could perhaps consider BTECs or an apprenticeship? University is similar (in fact, probably more exam/ academically focussed) to A levels, so if you are struggling now I'd recommend considering alternatives to university, even if it seems like everyone goes to uni you'll probably be better off (no debt, get a job sooner, get paid while training, end up in similar positions to graduates anyway, etc.) if you went down the apprenticeship route :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest