The Student Room Group

Guys how important is a girls height to you

Would a guy who is 5'9 or above be in a relationship with a girl whose 5ft

I'm about 5ft and I've always wondered if I go to university would I ever be noticed?
Would this be a big no no

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

I'm about 5ft and I've always wondered if I go to university would I ever be noticed?

If I like a girl I'm really not gonna give a poop about her height lol I'm 6'1 and i'd go for any height aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys often prefer smaller girls, so 5 foot would be nice for anyone around 5 foot 9.
Once you go much over 6 foot it might start getting a little inconvenient but I don't think it'd be a factor then either.
to answer your question, yes, and i'm 6'4"
i think this whole height thing is absolute bull****
Reply 5
I know it shouldn't matter but society says it should. I think it is very sad as I know many tall girls and short guys that would have been a perfect match but they couldn't due to their height issues.
Not very.

I am just about 6ft, and my ex is 5ft1. I found it really cute that she'd have to be on her tippy toes and pull me down a bit to kiss.
Reply 7
Not a problem (espesh for your height)
You'll be fine. Don't worry bout such.
@Depleted @difeo @Pimped Butterfly @TornadoGR4 @swirly

Not really bothered. I'm 6ft 0.

Most women are between 5ft and 6ft 0. I know a few people who are a bit shorter or taller but oh well. Won't go under 4'10 for a girl or 6ft 2 for a woman(my high tops won't go above 2 inches lol), but then 95.4% of women are likely to be between 5 and 6 foot(according to USA figures). So you're very unlikely to find a woman who is not of that height. So really height is a close to non existent factor for me.
(edited 8 years ago)
couldn't care less about height
Height is irrelevant unless she's under 4'8 or over 6'4
Reply 11
Original post by CSL123
I know it shouldn't matter but society says it should. I think it is very sad as I know many tall girls and short guys that would have been a perfect match but they couldn't due to their height issues.

the sad case is that society is whats caused that, if they really like eachother then they should be together, surely their happiness is bigger than what some person on the street thinks

there's no issues with a height difference, just the neck pain from looking up a lot LOL
Reply 13
Original post by ES95
the sad case is that society is whats caused that, if they really like eachother then they should be together, surely their happiness is bigger than what some person on the street thinks

I wish that it could be like this. Do you have any ideas as to why this may have happened? I guess it could be the norm as men are generally taller and 'bigger' than women maybe?

Would people notice you're smaller - Yes
Would people care about your height - No

Also, to answer your question, you wouldn't not not be noticed (you won't find your height is a hinderance to making friends or not being noticed). This is coming from a 4ft 10 girl btw :smile:

In a way, being smaller actually makes you stand out more from what I have found.
(edited 8 years ago)
To be honest
Men don't really mind a short partner
But females want someone taller than them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Yes they will notice you as long as your decent looking and won't have issue with your height, certainly not a 5'9 guy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
@Depleted @difeo @Pimped Butterfly @TornadoGR4 @swirly
Not really bothered. I'm 6ft 0.
Most women are between 5ft and 6ft 0. I know a few people who are a bit shorter or taller but oh well. Won't go under 4'10 for a girl or 6ft 2 for a woman(my high tops won't go above 2 inches lol), but then 95.4% of women are likely to be between 5 and 6 foot(according to USA figures). So you're very unlikely to find a woman who is not of that height. So really height is a close to non existent factor for me.

Well I'm 5'8. So anything below that really... :|
Reply 18
Original post by CSL123
I wish that it could be like this. Do you have any ideas as to why this may have happened? I guess it could be the norm as men are generally taller and 'bigger' than women maybe?

The issue is that women who are taller than their boyfriends can be seen as the dominant ones which not all men want. really it should be 50:50

Personally i think i could go out with someone taller than me but not many girls want to go out with someone smaller than them
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by spiritless98
To be honest
Men don't really mind a short partner
But females want someone taller than them

oh you don't say :|

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending