The Student Room Group

Learning Insurance for this car difficult to find

Hey,

My parents hold a full EU license (so this already restrict most good insurance like Marmalade as they only accept full UK insurance); also, Volkswagen Tiguan which is about 12,000 value is rejected by Collingwood insurance website (I don't know why) and I am left with the dodgy insurance :/ can someone help me with learner insurance please? (ready to spend about 100 quid a month)
cheers
Original post by ssargithan
Hey,

My parents hold a full EU license (so this already restrict most good insurance like Marmalade as they only accept full UK insurance); also, Volkswagen Tiguan which is about 12,000 value is rejected by Collingwood insurance website (I don't know why) and I am left with the dodgy insurance :/ can someone help me with learner insurance please? (ready to spend about 100 quid a month)
cheers

How old are you?
What area do you live in?
What specs are the car you're wanting to insure?
What's your actual problem? I think o read that your parents have EU licenses so are restricted with their insurance company choices and therefore you're struggling to get learner insurance as a named driver. Correct?
Original post by shaymarriott
How old are you?
What area do you live in?
What specs are the car you're wanting to insure?
What's your actual problem? I think o read that your parents have EU licenses so are restricted with their insurance company choices and therefore you're struggling to get learner insurance as a named driver. Correct?

Coventry COmprehsive 4by4 (so Collingwood cannot be done). For example marmalade only let you insure if the driver hold a full UK license not a full EU license. I have looked at http://www.coveredlearnerdriver.com/ which accept this car and the drivers' license. Does it seem good?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Good work answering one of the four questions there.

Nice reading.
Coventry COmprehsive 4by4 (so Collingwood cannot be done). For example marmalade only let you insure if the driver hold a full UK license not a full EU license. I have looked at http://www.coveredlearnerdriver.com/ which accept this car and the drivers' license. Does it seem good?

Don't really know much more about your issue than I did to begin with so unfortunately I can't really help.

Have you tried getting a UK license?
Nice reading.

My bad, two out of four after your edit.

What engine is the car? How old are you?
Hey,

cheers

Have you tried Covered? That's what we went with.
Hey,

cheers

Have you tried Covered? That's what we went with. They're fine with EU holders, and cars with up to £20,000 value. Cheaper than Collingwood too, and the certificate came through within 30 minutes so I could drive out the same day.

http://www.coveredlearnerdriver.com/
Original post by Poldark00
Have you tried Covered? That's what we went with. They're fine with EU holders, and cars with up to £20,000 value. Cheaper than Collingwood too, and the certificate came through within 30 minutes so I could drive out the same day.

http://www.coveredlearnerdriver.com/

Hey,

Yeah I looked at them as this is my only option, I called them up today and they seemed good. Are they good with claims and that suppose something happens?

Cheers
Hey,

Yeah I looked at them as this is my only option, I called them up today and they seemed good. Are they good with claims and that suppose something happens?

Cheers

I haven't had to make a claim so I wouldn't know :P
I think a Tiguan is a poor mans Range Rover and it probably has a 3 litre engine +. You have no chance insurance that unless you want to pay 5 figures. Get a different car.
Original post by RoundTrip
I think a Tiguan is a poor mans Range Rover and it probably has a 3 litre engine +. You have no chance insurance that unless you want to pay 5 figures. Get a different car.

It's not, and it probably has a 2.0 diesel as that's the most commonly sold engine option in that car.

Insurance will be expensive but not what you seem to think.
got learners insurance 80 pounds per month; so not too bad hopefully don't need to claim anything... Had a look insurance after I pass its not realistic to pay for it 5k average per year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending