The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ellen_26
Eek well personally I hate tattoos so I would list all the postives and negatives:
Negatives -
it will be disgusting when she is older.
She will look like a wannabe biker chick. erm, groovy!
Her future pets will feel neglected
People may think she is a dog.
Tattoos are common. (I think.)
You won't fancy her as much.
It's painful.
If she's doing this for one dog she will have to do it with all her future pets, and humans too so her body will be a collection of random names and she will get funny looks.
And it's just horrible!

Postives -
She can always have laser surgery.
It's an excuse for you to dump her with (not being cynical, just in case you don't know what the future brings lol)

Maybe you could buy her a necklace with a pendant that is engraved with the dogs name so she can keep that and rekindle her memories. (Though would she feel like a dog if she was wearing a this?! ooer.) Or get a pic of the dog and put it in a nice frame. then she has something to keep and remember the dog by.

This is probably not much help, but thumbs up for keeping me thinking for a few mins!
x

:rofl: Your comment is amusing. What's even more amusing is some people took you seriously on all counts!
supernova2
Why the hell would you permanently imprint the name of a dog into your back? :/ Let her do it but all I'm gonna say is your ****ed when her parents die.

Buy her 30 pet mice, name them all, then sit back and watch her DESTROY HERSELF hahaha.
NeverMindThat
Wrong. You are what those in my extended circle refer to as "a personal liberty nazi". You believe that the right to autonomy trumps all other considerations. This is a view that needs justification. He should have a say in whether she gets a tattoo for two reasons: it effects him, and he cares about her.

No, it doesn't affect him.

Anyway, I never said he couldn't give his opinion, but he certainly doesn't have the right to dictate what she does with her body.
bunthulhu
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were ellen_26's doppelganger :rolleyes:

I'm not a doppelganger, I just have a sense of humor.
2 secs
NeverMindThat
2 secs

Don't be an ass.

Scroll up.
Reply 26
bunthulhu: were you born without a sense of humour or did you lose it in childhood? :smile:
bunthulhu
No, it doesn't affect him.

Anyway, I never said he couldn't give his opinion, but he certainly doesn't have the right to dictate what she does with her body.

When has he ever said he should dictate it? When have I ever said that? I said make it clear to her that he thinks its a bad idea. Give her an alternative (engraved jewellry).

And of course it effects him. If its making him feel bad now its ALREADY affected him. Hell, it effects ME; just to be reminded how chavvy some people are.
samba
bunthulhu: were you born without a sense of humour or did you lose it in childhood? :smile:

I'm not sure she was joking. There are some very...interesting people in the world.
Reply 29
I'm surprised no one's asked this question:

What's the name of the dog?!
Reply 30
bunthulhu
I'm not sure she was joking. There are some very...interesting people in the world.

trust me, she was joking :p:
TheShrimp
I'm surprised no one's asked this question:

What's the name of the dog?!

Humpy Spankington III
Reply 32
ellen_26

Negatives -
Her future pets will feel neglected
x
Brilliant!
samba
trust me, she was joking :p:

reread it, she is playing it off as a joke now but she was 100% serious.
NeverMindThat
Humpy Spankington III

ahahah that'd be class
NeverMindThat
When has he ever said he should dictate it? When have I ever said that? I said make it clear to her that he thinks its a bad idea. Give her an alternative (engraved jewellry).

And of course it effects him. If its making him feel bad now its ALREADY affected him. Hell, it effects ME; just to be reminded how chavvy some people are.

NeverMindThat
Say that if she respects your opinions she wont get it done.

You can respect someone's opinions without valuing them above your own.

She's already going to have thought about jewellery, obviously she'd prefer a tattoo, and she's entitled to that personal preference.
The best name would be "Insert below"
bunthulhu
You can respect someone's opinions without valuing them above your own.

She's already going to have thought about jewellery, obviously she'd prefer a tattoo, and she's entitled to that personal preference.

She is allowed to prefer whatever the hell she likes, the question is whether she should get it done

Oh ffs from your argument it inevitably follows that everyone should always do whatever they prefer to do... If you can't make a better argument than endless "ITS HER OWN DECISION" rhetoric, then Im done with you.
Reply 38
i like good tattoo that mean something, at leats hers isnt a random tribal scribble. I personally think getting a dogs name is a bit much and the small of the back is a bit a tramp stamp area.
NeverMindThat
She is allowed to prefer whatever the hell she likes, the question is whether she should get it done

Yes, and quite honestly there's no good reason why she shouldn't.

NeverMindThat
Oh ffs from your argument it inevitably follows that everyone should always do whatever they prefer to do... If you can't make a better argument than endless "ITS HER OWN DECISION" rhetoric, then Im done with you.

The difference here is, that unlike someone choosing to take drugs or binge drink, her decision is very personal and emotional for her and it's not going to harm her or people around her - so yes, in this case I believe it is her decision.

Latest

Trending

Trending