The Student Room Group

Telling my boss I need my shifts changed..

Long story short Im going back to college in september, its a part-time course so wont really interfear with my fulltime job which I need to hold down due to rent, kids and bills. I really dont know how to go about explaining to my boss I need to change one of my work days.. he cant really sack me due to me being on a zero hr contract but he can make my life difficult. I usually work 40-50hrs per week tbh which I still want but need to change a day in my rota. Thing is my boss for some reason believes cruddy warwhouse work should be employees main focus and often treats us all like we are on some career path in the company. Admittedly I have advanced to supervisor but still its not my chosen career. Just dont know what to really say to the guy and how to objection handle. Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Employers don't have to accept request for change of hours.

However as it is a zero hour contract then you simply do not have to accept the hours that are unacceptable.
Original post by Meatlug
Long story short Im going back to college in september, its a part-time course so wont really interfear with my fulltime job which I need to hold down due to rent, kids and bills. I really dont know how to go about explaining to my boss I need to change one of my work days.. he cant really sack me due to me being on a zero hr contract but he can make my life difficult. I usually work 40-50hrs per week tbh which I still want but need to change a day in my rota. Thing is my boss for some reason believes cruddy warwhouse work should be employees main focus and often treats us all like we are on some career path in the company. Admittedly I have advanced to supervisor but still its not my chosen career. Just dont know what to really say to the guy and how to objection handle. Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Speak to your manager or whoever and explain the situation. the more advanced notice you give them, the better.
speak to your manager however start applying to other jobs, you never know what can happen so a back up plan is always good.
Just explain to your manager your situation with going to college in September and needing to make a minor change to your working days. I'm sure your manager will fully understand

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending