The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Lecture details and job advice

I have an unconditional offer to study Environmental Hazards & Disaster Management this year, I was just curious as to weather it was possible to find out already what days of the week lectures would be on? As it would make job searching a lot easier.

Similarly, would you recommend waiting until I know all my course details/timings before applying for jobs? I don't want to commit to hours that I won't be able to fulfill but then again I want to have as little time as possible when I won't be working.

I'm quite anxious about the whole university thing in general to be honest, the making new friends, the studying and finances, especially being an older student (21) and having been out of education for a while. I guess I don't really like all the uncertainty..

Thanks in advance for any help!
Reply 1
Hi there, I go to Kingston (even though not in your department). From my experience, I don't think there is a way to find out your timetable earlier than September. In my first year I had lectures every day but some of my course mates had a day off due to their timetable structure. I believe yours would be similar but my advice would be to wait till you have your full timetable because your lecture times are possibly going to vary each day.

Also, don't worry about your age, you won't be much older than anyone else and no one would mind. Most of the friends I made are older than me (I'm 19). Hope that helps!
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
That's brilliant, thanks for the reply.

Just want it to hurry up and get started now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending