The Student Room Group

KCL Rejection Meaning?

Hey guys unfortunately I got rejected from KCL, I'm an international student doing a CertHe from UOL.

The reason for rejection was ”Unfortunately, your qualifications are not acceptable for direct entry to this programme". This doesn't mean my grades aren't up to standard right? It's just that they do not accept my qualifications?

It's weird since my lecturers said they do consider.
Original post by ImmortalSnail20
Hey guys unfortunately I got rejected from KCL, I'm an international student doing a CertHe from UOL.

The reason for rejection was ”Unfortunately, your qualifications are not acceptable for direct entry to this programme". This doesn't mean my grades aren't up to standard right? It's just that they do not accept my qualifications?

You are correct - it's not a grade issue, but a qualification issue. When establishing what qualifications a given university will accept the only reliable source is the university itself. Not friends. Not parents. Not teachers. Not lecturers.

In the case of KCL, they go into a lot of detail about which qualifications they accept here. There is no mention of a Certificate of Higher Education.

For course-specific entry requirements, you would check the web page for that course in their on-line prospectus.

If the above didn't provide clarity, then you could follow this advice from that same page: "If your country or qualification is not listed on the online prospectus please contact our King's Advisors for further help."
Original post by DataVenia

You are correct - it's not a grade issue, but a qualification issue. When establishing what qualifications a given university will accept the only reliable source is the university itself. Not friends. Not parents. Not teachers. Not lecturers.

In the case of KCL, they go into a lot of detail about which qualifications they accept here. There is no mention of a Certificate of Higher Education.

For course-specific entry requirements, you would check the web page for that course in their on-line prospectus.

If the above didn't provide clarity, then you could follow this advice from that same page: "If your country or qualification is not listed on the online prospectus please contact our King's Advisors for further help."

Thank you for the detailed guide☺️ have a great day/night ahead!
Original post by ImmortalSnail20

Is this for undergrad or postgrad?
Original post by so_true_bestie

Is this for undergrad or postgrad?

Undergrad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending