The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

My personal statement wasn't great but I've already got 4 offers and 1 uni said they wouldn't consider applications until January.
Original post by court912
My personal statement wasn't great but I've already got 4 offers and 1 uni said they wouldn't consider applications until January.

Then your PS was decent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vuvuzela
Then your PS was decent

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they more care about grades for Chemical engineering and my predicted grades are pretty similar.
Offer from UCL AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats mann, do you mind telling me when you sent off your application ?
Original post by Hamzy45
Congrats mann, do you mind telling me when you sent off your application ?

Sent 15th Oct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ReeceM1
Your AS results are perfect and your A2 predictions are great too.
I bet your personal statement is better than you think too!
You're just getting yourself worked up over nothing:tongue:
What makes you think your PS isn't good?

I did it really last minute and I can't get any teachers to check it. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 586
Original post by VokeA
How long did it take for Imperial to give you an interview after they had received your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applied on 1st October and got an offer for interview on 13th October and the interview was on the 28th October :')
Reply 587
Original post by Brittania

Nice! Good luck :') same date as my Cambridge interview :smile:
Reply 588
Anyone heard back from Birmingham yet? Also, if you have are they doing interviews? O.o
Original post by VokeA
Omg well done! I've got my interview there on the 9th, what was yours like if you don't mind me asking? Were there any technical questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get an interview, I just got a straight offer :redface:

That's what it said on UCAS at least, not sure if they have their own portal to see if/when interviews are taking place because they never sent me any links or things like that with their acknowledgement email.
Original post by Joseph.S
Congrats! When did you apply + predicted grades? - I hope you wouldn't mind.

14/10, predicted 4A*s
Original post by Cpj16
@Cosmocos
Great stuff! Have you thought about the accommodation at Nottingham?

I tried to book it but I was told I would have to wait until 31st of March lol but I defy want to live on the Uni Park Campus :smile:
Reply 592
Original post by arch0wnz
I didn't get an interview, I just got a straight offer :redface:

That's what it said on UCAS at least, not sure if they have their own portal to see if/when interviews are taking place because they never sent me any links or things like that with their acknowledgement email.

Oh that's surprising. Would you mind me asking your predicted grades and in what subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

Sorry for the delay you are having - I can remember the agonizing wait from when I was in your position!

We will make decisions as quickly as possible, however it may take some time for decisions to be made, but this will be by the end of March. As you can see on our website, all applications received before the January 15th UCAS deadline are given equal consideration, so do not worry if you haven't received a decision yet.

In the meantime please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Rob
Second Year Civil Engineer

OMG.

Can Bath hurry up with my offer. You too UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

Sorry for the delay you are having - I can remember the agonizing wait from when I was in your position!

We will make decisions as quickly as possible, however it may take some time for decisions to be made, but this will be by the end of March. As you can see on our website, all applications received before the January 15th UCAS deadline are given equal consideration, so do not worry if you haven't received a decision yet.

In the meantime please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Rob
Second Year Civil Engineer

Hey Rob,

How do I pick an engineering, I dunno which one to choose? I'm so confused, please give me some advice.
Original post by VokeA
Oh that's surprising. Would you mind me asking your predicted grades and in what subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAA. Maths bio chem.
Reply 596
Original post by arch0wnz
AAA. Maths bio chem.

Oh your personal statement must've been amazing then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard from Lancaster?

I've got two other offers already (Nottingham/Hull) but I *really* want to go to Lancaster. The wait is awful.
Reply 598
Original post by HBKDx
Anyone heard back from Birmingham yet? Also, if you have are they doing interviews? O.o

I got an offer of A*AA. No interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mgill17
Anyone heard from Lancaster?

I've got two other offers already (Nottingham/Hull) but I *really* want to go to Lancaster. The wait is awful.

Why choose Lancaster over Nottingham? Thought Lancaster wasn't accredited by iChemE, whereas Nottingham is

Quick Reply

Latest