The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

My UCAS was sent off almost 3 weeks ago and I've got 2 offers and some form of acknowledgement/applicant invites from 2 more but Nottingham hasn't given me an offer/applicant day invite or even the initial acknowledgement email. Could this mean they haven't received my application because I thought the first email you receive was just an automatic thing but I haven't even had that come through?
Original post by jneill
I think Manchester is the only one that has a 4 year course including YINI, and they have distance learning modules during the sandwich (3rd) year. So the workload is higher but you graduate sooner. Seems like a good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Newcastle do it too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is edinburugh a good uni for chemical engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have an interview at Manchester coming up can anyone tell me what to expect and has anyone had to uni offer to reimburse them for travel expenses as its quite expensive ?
Reply 784
Original post by heloo123
Is edinburugh a good uni for chemical engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile

*Edinburgh

I think so. It's 4th on league tables
Should I go with newcastle(AAA offer, 4 year Meng with industrial exp )or nottingham(AAB offer, 5 year Meng with industrial experiance)? I like nottingham uni more, has good industrial ties with banks if I wanna go into finance, its closer to home but the course is 1 year longer..which should I choose?
Original post by giffdiretide
Should I go with newcastle(AAA offer, 4 year Meng with industrial exp )or nottingham(AAB offer, 5 year Meng with industrial experiance)? I like nottingham uni more, has good industrial ties with banks if I wanna go into finance, its closer to home but the course is 1 year longer..which should I choose?

How did you get an AAB offer from Nottingham, I thought the standard offer there for the Meng was AAA
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 787
Original post by shortguy
How did you get an AAB offer from Nottingham, I thought the standard offer there for the Meng was AAA

That's what I thought aswell! Cos my offer was AAA aswell o.o
Original post by Taj123
That's what I thought aswell! Cos my offer was AAA aswell o.o

Ranges, some people get unconditional.
no idea. Maybe because I send my application really early(early october). Cant be anything else because my AS grades were not amazing and my personal statement was only decent.
Do you mind telling me what you got at AS. I'm a chem Eng applicant at Nottingham too so I'm curious
Original post by shortguy
Do you mind telling me what you got at AS. I'm a chem Eng applicant at Nottingham too so I'm curious

BBCC bio maths chem physics. Bio and math were very high Bs, physics was a mid C and chem was a very very low C(2 ums into C lmao ty lawd). I was predicted As so i really ****ed up(I guess I deserved it for not revising a lot and playing dota all day)...Redoing a lot of AS this year. I had quite good GCSEs tho(mostly As and a few A stars) so that might have made up for the subpar AS grades a bit.
Anyone already got an offer from Nottingham or Surrey?
Original post by giffdiretide
BBCC bio maths chem physics. Bio and math were very high Bs, physics was a mid C and chem was a very very low C(2 ums into C lmao ty lawd). I was predicted As so i really ****ed up(I guess I deserved it for not revising a lot and playing dota all day)...Redoing a lot of AS this year. I had quite good GCSEs tho(mostly As and a few A stars) so that might have made up for the subpar AS grades a bit.

I got straight A's in a level and my offer is AAA:/
Original post by Anonimous97

Yeah I did, Nottingham got back to me about a month ago!
Original post by Anonimous97

Yeah I did, Nottingham got back to me about a month ago! I had an unconditional from them!
Original post by IvoryToast
Got a bit of an issue with Nottingham. I've had an offer and want to attend an applicant day but they keep asking me to log in to their portal to do so and they have given no login details. I've rang up twice and been sent to confused sounding IT desk, and I've emailed 3 times and they just keep sending me links to log in. At this rate I'm going to have to turn down their offer due to them being totally disorganised, any advice? Anyone else having issues with them?

I'm having the same problem? Have you got it sorted yet?
Anybody get an email from bath saying sorry for being slow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Glantaf98
Yeah I did, Nottingham got back to me about a month ago! I had an unconditional from them!

Wow, how did you get an unconditional? :tongue:
Bloody hell, I ain't heard jack from any uni's..sent it off two weeks ago but I'm getting tense

Quick Reply

Latest