The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ravichauhan11
Both Manchester and UCL are very well known internationally for Chem eng. I think for you it comes down to personal preference. Have you got an offer from Manchester or UCL?

got offer from both same requirements AAA. I'm just so lost rn idk which is better idw to regret my decision or having any second thoughts... I know I will enjoy both unis just dont want to screw up my job prospects
Original post by iylianuraiman
got offer from both same requirements AAA. I'm just so lost rn idk which is better idw to regret my decision or having any second thoughts... I know I will enjoy both unis just dont want to screw up my job prospects

You've got plenty of time to decide. Either uni will give you a good future but a good future isn't all about the uni you go to.
Original post by ravichauhan11
You've got plenty of time to decide. Either uni will give you a good future but a good future isn't all about the uni you go to.

i guess youre right!! thank you so much! I'll be most likely firming ucl. what about u? which uni are u going to?
Reply 983
Original post by Roshany
Same. How are you feeling about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, currently. I'll probably be worrying a lot more the closer it gets to the 10th...
What about you?
Are you doing anything to prepare? (I've watched a few YouTube videos and gone over my personal statement)
:smile:
Reply 984
Original post by jLou711
Its pretty casual, questions like why manchester, why chem eng, some technical questions based around maths or chemistry.

Good! hopefully it is that way.
i guess youre right!! thank you so much! I'll be most likely firming ucl. what about u? which uni are u going to?

I'll most likely firm Manchester and insure Nottingham
Original post by Caneleo
Okay, currently. I'll probably be worrying a lot more the closer it gets to the 10th...
What about you?
Are you doing anything to prepare? (I've watched a few YouTube videos and gone over my personal statement)
:smile:

I already feel really nervous :s-smilie: especially about the technical questions

I've gone over my ps and am rereading the book I mentioned. I'm going to ask my chemistry teacher to help me prepare a bit more. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 987

Same here! I am going to firm UCL as well because it is the 7th in QS World University rankings.However, I heard the department is quite old and the teachers don't rly care about students.:frown:
Original post by FianoM
Same here! I am going to firm UCL as well because it is the 7th in QS World University rankings.However, I heard the department is quite old and the teachers don't rly care about students.:frown:

ikr :frown:(( but ive been told that branding is important but i guess it doesnt matter if its not oxbridge/imperial. just a matter of preference... whats ur insurance gonna be? mine is most probably manchester
Reply 989
ikr :frown:(( but ive been told that branding is important but i guess it doesnt matter if its not oxbridge/imperial. just a matter of preference... whats ur insurance gonna be? mine is most probably manchester

I have got an offer to do general engineering at exeter. I'll be most likely insuring exeter and firming UCL.
Reply 990
Original post by Roshany
I already feel really nervous :s-smilie: especially about the technical questions

I've gone over my ps and am rereading the book I mentioned. I'm going to ask my chemistry teacher to help me prepare a bit more. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The technical questions ARE quite worrying...
What book is that? (I don't think you mentioned)
Same! My chemistry teacher used to be a chemical engineer, so that'll be helpful :smile:
Original post by Caneleo
Same! My chemistry teacher used to be a chemical engineer, so that'll be helpful :smile:

I don't think theyre hard, it should be stuff you should already know. It'll be something like integrate this or show me what Kc would be for this equation etc.

I didn't revise for technical stuff, some people got harder questions some got none at all
Original post by Roshany

Posted from TSR Mobile

The technical question for my interview was fine. I don't think they're designed so that you have to revise or something like that. My interviewer specifically said he doesn't care if I get it right or wrong he just wants to see how I got to my answer. But they tend to be thinking questions rather than pen and paper ones but depends on the interviewer.Good luck!
Is it worth putting an ABB offer as insurnace if youre looking at BBB/BBC minimum
Original post by Caneleo

It's a thermodynamics one by Peter Atkins

That's really lucky I wish mine was :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 995
Original post by robinhokaka31817
Oh that's good. What were ur predicted grades if u don't mind me asking ?
I sent mine off at the beginning of December and still no reply 😭

hey stranger,

I am in the same position as you, I keep on getting season greetings from unis but no offer it is depressing :frown:
Reply 996
Original post by Roshany
It's a thermodynamics one by Peter Atkins

That's really lucky I wish mine was :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 laws that drive the universe?
Original post by Cpj16
4 laws that drive the universe?

No the short introduction one but I might read that one too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cpj16
hey stranger,

I am in the same position as you, I keep on getting season greetings from unis but no offer it is depressing :frown:

I'm just waiting for Nottingham and Manchester.
I've got offers from other unis.
Is getting work experience for ChemEng useful??

Quick Reply

Latest