The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vuvuzela
For ChemEng? They offered me A*AA......

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe a foundation year?
Original post by lydiar98
Woah this is the same for me. Bath firm and then either Sheffield or Notts insurance, think I'm insuring sheffield, only because they have the new diamond building, meant to be amazing

The diamond is very impresive! Sheffield seems like a great place to live. Apparently the course at Notts seems too environmental - can any current chemeng student at Notts confirm this?
Original post by ravichauhan11
Maybe a foundation year?

More likely a access to Birmingham scheme offer
Original post by tryacademics
More likely a access to Birmingham scheme offer

Yep, however I still intend to go for the original A*AA offer
Original post by DrinkAndDerive

Same - that scholarship money will come in handy :wink:

Yh I applied for that too, but before I had a chance to submit the a2b forms I got a rejection 😪
Anyhow, congrats on the offer and best of luck
Original post by tryacademics
Yh I applied for that too, but before I had a chance to submit the a2b forms I got a rejection 😪
Anyhow, congrats on the offer and best of luck

Unlucky, you should of sent the A2B off right after your application
Hey everyone :-)

I'm currently a first year student at Birmingham. It's been a rollercoaster for me as I've been through the foundation year as well as the A2B scheme, so if anyone has any questions at all feel free to contact me!

I remembering speaking to people on here and found it so useful and it put my mind to rest a lot of the time.

Good luck to everyone on your exams and offers and I look forward to meeting people that will be coming here next year!!
firming birmingham ABB

Birmingham ABB? :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:
Even Aston said AAA :'( and when i visited it was a dump
deleted lol, mis read the thread title
(edited 8 years ago)
Offer from Manchester uni :smile: yay!
I'm so confused, Nottingham gave me an unconditonal offer, like I'm not even that good at anything? Did they give everyone unconditionals?
Original post by shortguy
I'm so confused, Nottingham gave me an unconditonal offer, like I'm not even that good at anything? Did they give everyone unconditionals?

What grades did you get / what predictions if you don't mind me asking?😊
Well at AS I got AAAB in maths chem bio and physics respectively, and I'm predicted only A*AA. As you can see, not ridiculously good results...
Well at AS I got AAAB in maths chem bio and physics respectively, and I'm predicted only A*AA. As you can see, not ridiculously good results...

Please tell me you're joking? If not, you need to believe in your abilities a bit more because those are pretty damn good grades..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mean I know there good grades, but I only through my they where given out to the top and most exceptional candidates, like kids taking 6 a levels or some nonsense, but thank you
I mean I know there good grades, but I only through my they where given out to the top and most exceptional candidates, like kids taking 6 a levels or some nonsense, but thank you

Don't stress I got the same but predicted A*A*AA and they offered me unconditional too if firm choice

Congrats, but is it your preferred uni? Don't firm it unless you actually want to go there.

Some unis give unconditionals as a marketing trick, to "force" you to pick them.

Give due consideration to any other offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well they're brilliant and definitely well deserved, congrats on your offer and results!!!
Still no reply from Bath or UCL, take your time lads...

Quick Reply

Latest