The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
lazydays
North Hill Court for me :biggrin:

Have you aready booked your accomodation?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 41
When are we supposed to book accomodation?

*panics
Reply 42
well i applied on the weekend jus gone and chose clarence docks coz its right near the city
Reply 43
dddd
Have you aready booked your accomodation?

Yes. A while ago now-not sure when the deadline is though, sorry.
Reply 44
Just wondering if anyone had heard anything via the post about loans for fees etc?
Reply 45
rosie86uk
Just wondering if anyone had heard anything via the post about loans for fees etc?

apply for your loan via this link

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/Doitonlinestudentfinance/DG_10035460

do it as soon as you can cos it means you will get your loan earlier...ie by the start of term!!

hope that helps!!

x
Reply 46
Brilliant, thanks a lot. :smile:
I wonder why I wasn't told about this...

Don't suppose you know when the first term starts?
Reply 47
well it THINK moving weekend is the 16th...so a week after i guess...

BUT dont go by me it should be on the website!!
x
Reply 48
Urghhhhhhhh...don't think I'm gonna end up getting the grades....Gutted.
Reply 49
anyone go see the exhibition of students work? waht did everyone think do it?
Reply 50
lazydays
Urghhhhhhhh...don't think I'm gonna end up getting the grades....Gutted.

Think positive :smile: Was your offer the standard?
Reply 51
rosie86uk
Think positive :smile: Was your offer the standard?

Yep. 3 B's. Though I only got a C on my Graphics CW, basically the dept failed to teach us this year, and long story short-They admitted it, and we got an apology. We hadn't been taught ANYTHING on the materials paper I sat yesterday, just rambled on....

hamish89-No I got the letter too late! Did you see a unit based on Security cameras, with a huge black poster? x
Reply 52
yeh i think i vaguely remember a unit about cctv cameras but i cant remember the poster. there was some pretty good stuff but also quite a lot of not so good stuff
Reply 53
hey, i do graphic and communication design, i'll be going into my second year in September. i never studied design until i got to uni, i didn't even do art for alevel (don't even ask me how i got in!). but it's a good course.
To be honest, there are some of the tutors i think we could do without, but generally it's a mix of opinions. People say some of the tutors are no good, but you can imagine, at the end of the day, work is looked at with personal preferancxe in mind, so if you don't agree with a tutor then you might not like their feedback but there's a large enough team to get an all round opinion, and thy are always likely to give you constructive critacism anyway.
I'd advise you to look forwrd to your first year, try and do a bit of work every week otherwise you'll end up in the graphics trap of allnighters the day before the deadline!!! (oh well it's all fun anad games!).
kirsty
Reply 54
Does anyone know Graphic Design in the University of Salford?How is it compared with Graphic and Communication Design in Leeds University?
Its RAE ranks 5* in Art & Design,but leeds only gets 3a~
And salford is quite close to Manchester,that will bring us great convenience and opportunities when studying design,right?
Reply 55
Hydrolife
Does anyone know Graphic Design in the University of Salford?How is it compared with Graphic and Communication Design in Leeds University?
Its RAE ranks 5* in Art & Design,but leeds only gets 3a~
And salford is quite close to Manchester,that will bring us great convenience and opportunities when studying design,right?

They probably do Graphic Design at Salford, they do it at a lot of universities. Check on their website or order a prospectus. Graphic and Communication Design at Leeds is supposed to be slightly different, as it covers a bit more ground than Graphic Design.
Salford Uni is right next to Manchester city centre, yes. Manchesters great for nightlife and that. I don't know about courses at Salford Uni, but I don't think there is a big difference in the quality of studing at Leeds and Manchester. They're both great cities
Reply 56
dddd
They probably do Graphic Design at Salford, they do it at a lot of universities. Check on their website or order a prospectus. Graphic and Communication Design at Leeds is supposed to be slightly different, as it covers a bit more ground than Graphic Design.
Salford Uni is right next to Manchester city centre, yes. Manchesters great for nightlife and that. I don't know about courses at Salford Uni, but I don't think there is a big difference in the quality of studing at Leeds and Manchester. They're both great cities

Hehe~Thx so much for helping~~:smile:
Through some information I found Machester is a right city for creative industry, just following London~
Maybe that's where the little difference is~
But Leeds University really has so many advantages,and they are really charming~
I hope to see you all in Leeds this September~
Reply 57
I'm going in September :biggrin::biggrin: Anybody else?
Reply 58
I'm not in ! They've offered me an art course though -BA (Hons) Contemporary Art Practice. And UCAs says ; This offer is subject to your obtaining GCE A level Grades BBB

HUH?!?!
Reply 59
^**** have you got a plan of what you're gonna do?

Latest