The Student Room Group

Fresher Funds

Soo out of interest how much did Fresher's spend on their week of partying and going out?
I've been told countless horror stories of how nearly all freshers spend so much of their money they literally have to deprive themselves of food for the next month or so.
Reply 1
My freshers (2013) was 2 weeks but I only went out 10 of the 14 nights due to my course induction being in the first week and my lectures starting in the second week ( unlike most students).

I think including pre drinks, tickets etc. I probably spent about £300 over the 2 weeks which was a lot less than some of my friends :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Sophi12
My freshers (2013) was 2 weeks but I only went out 10 of the 14 nights due to my course induction being in the first week and my lectures starting in the second week ( unlike most students).

I think including pre drinks, tickets etc. I probably spent about £300 over the 2 weeks which was a lot less than some of my friends :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow that is a lot of money :/ probs should save a little!
A lot of it depends on whether there's wristbands or whatever available. We had freshers fortnight and I bought a wristband that got me into something like 10 nights which saved me a bit of money. Then it was just money on alcohol and fancy dress stuff, but again it depends.

Some people were spending £50, others spent about £400 :tongue:
Original post by RagaZ
wow that is a lot of money :/ probs should save a little!

Its £30 a night for pres, tickets, taxis and drinks when out so that's not a lot tbh.

One of my friends spent a grand of her savings in freshers so i thought £300 wasn't bad...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending