The Student Room Group

The Who's Self Teaching Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Souljer
Surely it would be free? Never heard of it costing that much even for mature students who do alevels.. prices I've see are around the 3k mark..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not a mature student.

Only private schools offer the course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hashim123
Per unit!? By unit you mean individuals units with a subject, right? ****. How many units is there in the average subject?

Depends where you do them mate. If you can find a state school willing to take you on as a private candidate it can be much cheaper. About 4-6 for a full a-level. 2-3 for an AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
My local college charge around 2-3k for an alevel if you aren't entitled to do them free, for whatever reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Souljer
My local college charge around 2-3k for an alevel if you aren't entitled to do them free, for whatever reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair game, that's actually not a bad deal but it's still expensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Princepieman
Fair game, that's actually not a bad deal but it's still expensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True I wouldn't pay that kind of money for A-levels unless I really wanted to be a doctor or similar. I think with the right attitude combined with free time, most A levels can be self-taught.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by Souljer
What resources do you use?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For bio and chem i mostly use text books and online notes.
For maths I do book exercises and exam papers. If I get stuck I use google and tsr.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
I'm not a mature student.

Only private schools offer the course

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey i need advice on chemistry fast track just started it. I'm not going to have any holidays from now till exam time. so I need your advice please. you're doing both as and a2 right?

btw I I from maths as, psychology as, bio as, chem as, to:
- Bio AS and A2
-Chem AS and A2
HELP
Reply 47
A-Level Further Maths:colondollar:
Original post by High Stakes
If you are, post here!

I'm self teaching the full Chemistry A level this year.

Hi
I hope you are well i am self teaching my self A level chemistry I do OCR A can you tell me how to do it I need an A* for uni.

thank you
Access to Medicine plus pretty much all neuroscience and bioinformatics courses on Coursera and Edx.
Original post by High Stakes
If you are, post here!

I'm self teaching the full Chemistry A level this year.

Self teaching A levels in maths, further maths and physics as a private candidate, including the practicals for the latter subject (found a very good deal).

£270 apiece for maths and FM, including exam fees, cost of marking and invigilation, admin fees, mailing of results etc, and £540 for the practicals and £300 for the exams and other associated costs at another centre.

For maths and further maths, I am using Edexcel, whereas for physics, I have a choice of either OCR A or Edexcel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending