The Student Room Group

further maths gcse

im in y11 and its only now that my scls organised for us to do further maths (FM)
i can drop it whenever i want but i think w gud planning i can do it altho theres not alot of time till the gcse

anyone got gud websites for it and youtube channels? my scl only gave us a textbook to use.. n its pretty old so it has extra content plus missing content ugh

anyways if youve got any resources for it lmk as well as where to find past papers and how to plan out how ill self learn it all and do exam practice in time to get a 9 in the gcse, bc again ive not got much time to learn it..
Hi, I do further maths and my school have been really similar minus the textbook but I have found that dr frost maths can be useful particularly if you know the topics you need to work on. They do past paper. As well as that they do, for normal higher maths gcse, the last 7 or so questions in one “excerise” which I find really helpful
Reply 2
Original post by stella bloom
im in y11 and its only now that my scls organised for us to do further maths (FM)
i can drop it whenever i want but i think w gud planning i can do it altho theres not alot of time till the gcse

anyone got gud websites for it and youtube channels? my scl only gave us a textbook to use.. n its pretty old so it has extra content plus missing content ugh

anyways if youve got any resources for it lmk as well as where to find past papers and how to plan out how ill self learn it all and do exam practice in time to get a 9 in the gcse, bc again ive not got much time to learn it..

It's far more important to get 9s in all your subject thatn to do this level 2 qualification [I teach Maths].

If you must do it [we don't bother yet get amazing GCSE and A level results] then look here: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/courses.php?coid=684

Do it if you won't have to spend too much time on it - as Muttley79 said it's more important to focus on your GCSEs. That being said, I also take Further Maths, but I won't be spending any time on it aside from one or two practice papers.
Reply 4
Hey - I've also just started fm too and made this thread - you might want to check it out. I've chucked a bunch of links and stuff in the thread too. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7419532
Reply 5
Original post by bicompton
Hey - I've also just started fm too and made this thread - you might want to check it out. I've chucked a bunch of links and stuff in the thread too. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7419532

tysm!!
uff, how do u feel ab starting so late? my scl doesn't even have lessons for it, just gave us some random textbooks for it. I don't wna get 6s/7s in my other tests so I've litch not touched the book since my teacher gave it me, maybe I'll pick it up later cz I'm pretty alr at self-learning BUT IDKKK THE GCSE FEELS LIKE ITS TMR
Reply 6
tysm!!
uff, how do u feel ab starting so late? my scl doesn't even have lessons for it, just gave us some random textbooks for it. I don't wna get 6s/7s in my other tests so I've litch not touched the book since my teacher gave it me, maybe I'll pick it up later cz I'm pretty alr at self-learning BUT IDKKK THE GCSE FEELS LIKE ITS TMR

hey! I'm really nervous! My teacher thinks getting a B is a "good score" (we do igcses, so it's graded A*-G) - I want an A* so it's a hard knock life haha. We haven't got a textbook because of importing policies (oops) so my teacher has given us pdfs. I barely use them anyways. I'll PM you something really helpful someone sent me! Also would you possibly want to add each other on instagram? I know a bunch of ppl who are taking fm who would probably enjoy a group chat 🙂
Reply 7
hey! I'm really nervous! My teacher thinks getting a B is a "good score" (we do igcses, so it's graded A*-G) - I want an A* so it's a hard knock life haha. We haven't got a textbook because of importing policies (oops) so my teacher has given us pdfs. I barely use them anyways. I'll PM you something really helpful someone sent me! Also would you possibly want to add each other on instagram? I know a bunch of ppl who are taking fm who would probably enjoy a group chat 🙂

I'd love tooo but I dont have insta or any other socials 😭
i still haven't started it but I'll look into it in these winter holidays hopefullyyy

r u sure its not the level 3 free standing qualification thing?
if so the top mark is A not A*
Reply 9
Original post by steamedclams
r u sure its not the level 3 free standing qualification thing?
if so the top mark is A not A*

yeah bc i do caie igcse (am outside the uk)
Reply 10

kinda late but I also do fm so can I join lmao?
Original post by stemguy
kinda late but I also do fm so can I join lmao?

Sorry for the late reply. Didn't end up making one, but I will now bc a ton of people I know take it and we're all prepping for the actual exams. My insta username is the same as my username here, if you add me I'll add you in the group chat! Also made this thread on tsr ages ago but it's quite quiet https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7419532&p=99122604&page=1&viewing_newpost=1#post99122604
Reply 12
Sorry for the late reply. Didn't end up making one, but I will now bc a ton of people I know take it and we're all prepping for the actual exams. My insta username is the same as my username here, if you add me I'll add you in the group chat! Also made this thread on tsr ages ago but it's quite quiet https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7419532&p=99122604&page=1&viewing_newpost=1#post99122604
how about a discord chat instead? i think itll stay more focused that way too
how about a discord chat instead? i think itll stay more focused that way too

we ended up making an instagram one I think it’s the platform most people are already on and it’s just a little easier
Reply 14
i decided to actually do it n now im too committed to turn back cries
im on my last algebra unit of the book and need to cram alot of work in for a mock test so i dont flop it uff

Quick Reply

Latest