The Student Room Group

Is anyon else revising in the summer holidays?

Ok, I know this is really sad, but I've started doing an hour a day of each of my three A2 subjects... I can't fall behind because I need AAA prediction so desperately, and as my AS results are uncertain, I'm thinking of plan B- to try and convince my teachers that I can achieve AAA!

I don't really know the purpose of this thread, I'm just trying to make myself feel better about results day. It's not working :frown: :frown: :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lularose83
Ok, I know this is really sad, but I've started doing an hour a day of each of my three A2 subjects... I can't fall behind because I need AAA prediction so desperately, and as my AS results are uncertain, I'm thinking of plan B- to try and convince my teachers that I can achieve AAA!

I don't really know the purpose of this thread, I'm just trying to make myself feel better about results day. It's not working :frown: :frown: :frown:

Don't know how I've done for my A2S.I need to revise in case something doesn't work out.Will start tomorrow
I have started revising for A2s
Got to stay ahead of the class :biggrin:
Yes!
Reply 4
Original post by toonervoustotalk

Exactly! :smile:
I have started some A2 work, the aim is make this year easier for myself. Additionally, it helps stave off boredom by doing 2-4 hours a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

this was me last year
(I'm awaiting A2 results so I'll let you know if my early work all paid off!)

What subjects are you doing and what are you aiming for? Any universities in mind?

:biggrin:
Original post by subjunctivehistorian
this was me last year
(I'm awaiting A2 results so I'll let you know if my early work all paid off!)

What subjects are you doing and what are you aiming for? Any universities in mind?

:biggrin:

Oh ok cool
Please do let me know :smile:
I am doing maths, biology, chemistry and physics. Will drop physics
I really want to go to UCL,Kings College London or Queen Marys London to study Chemistry and then work in the pharmaceutical industry :smile:
What about you?

SNAP!! :wink:

It's not sad at all! I've started revising for A2 as well. All my teachers recommended it. Honestly, you will be soo much more prepared. You'll thank yourself next year
Haha, no. Tried it last year when going into AS and it was basically no use. You'll have forgotten what you learnt by the time it comes to actually learning it in class. All my teachers said not to bother, they've seen it done every year and it makes absolutely no difference. Apparently the people who've learnt stuff early actually tend to focus less in lessons because they think "Oh, I know this" and subsequently don't grasp the concepts that are being taught. So this year I'm just going to have a chilled, relaxed summer. I also have the UKCAT to prepare for so I couldn't even if I wanted to xD

Instead of learning A2 course material, why not try going beyond the syllabus and learning stuff you know you won't be learning next year? Coursera do a lot of university level courses, those are good for expanding your knowledge. Read a couple of books around the subjects you're applying for? Or why not pick up a new language? I've picked up French again :biggrin:
I mean guys, it's summer. You have a break from the rigidity of the AS and A2 courses yet you want to spend it learning A2 stuff? Doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever floats your boat :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
NO. I need a break from all of that exam stress.
1437725345707.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I am! D: I have my AS Music exam on the 14th of October.
Original post by thechemistress
Haha, no. Tried it last year when going into AS and it was basically no use. You'll have forgotten what you learnt by the time it comes to actually learning it in class. All my teachers said not to bother, they've seen it done every year and it makes absolutely no difference. Apparently the people who've learnt stuff early actually tend to focus less in lessons because they think "Oh, I know this" and subsequently don't grasp the concepts that are being taught. So this year I'm just going to have a chilled, relaxed summer. I also have the UKCAT to prepare for so I couldn't even if I wanted to xD

Instead of learning A2 course material, why not try going beyond the syllabus and learning stuff you know you won't be learning next year? Coursera do a lot of university level courses, those are good for expanding your knowledge. Read a couple of books around the subjects you're applying for? Or why not pick up a new language? I've picked up French again :biggrin:
I mean guys, it's summer. You have a break from the rigidity of the AS and A2 courses yet you want to spend it learning A2 stuff? Doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever floats your boat :lol:

This is true, I also have the ukcat to prepare for which is absolutely painful :frown: it's on September 1st so hopefully I can do a bit better than what I've been getting on medify/ 600q so far :smile:
This is true, I also have the ukcat to prepare for which is absolutely painful :frown: it's on September 1st so hopefully I can do a bit better than what I've been getting on medify/ 600q so far :smile:

Woah, that's so weird! :lol: mine's also on September 1st :wink:
600Q's QR section stresses me out D:
What are you hoping for in the UKCAT?
Woah, that's so weird! :lol: mine's also on September 1st :wink:
600Q's QR section stresses me out D:
What are you hoping for in the UKCAT?

Haha, mine is at 12.30pm! :smile: I'm praying for anything over 700 as my AS grades may be weaker :/ my scores deviate from really good to really poor, I'm so inconsistent :smile:
Haha, mine is at 12.30pm! :smile: I'm praying for anything over 700 as my AS grades may be weaker :/ my scores deviate from really good to really poor, I'm so inconsistent :smile:

Haha, same here- mine's also at 12:30pm :lol:
I'm sure they're not :smile: Basically everybody thinks they've done badly. I'm convinced I've not got an A in physics, which is stressing me out slightly, but there's nothing we can do now D: only 19 days to go.
Oh ok cool
Please do let me know :smile:
I am doing maths, biology, chemistry and physics. Will drop physics
I really want to go to UCL,Kings College London or Queen Marys London to study Chemistry and then work in the pharmaceutical industry :smile:
What about you?

SNAP . Thats my exact plan too !

But I don't do maths A level :frown:!
Original post by SubwayLover1
SNAP . Thats my exact plan too !

But I don't do maths A level :frown:!

Wow!!!
Oh ok :frown:
Did you want to take A level maths?
What uni will be your first choice out of them 3?
My first choice will be UCL and my insurance will be Queen Marys
I like both Kings and UCL equally but would rather go UCL because of it being a top 5 uni worldwide :tongue:
Haha, same here- mine's also at 12:30pm :lol:
I'm sure they're not :smile: Basically everybody thinks they've done badly. I'm convinced I've not got an A in physics, which is stressing me out slightly, but there's nothing we can do now D: only 19 days to go.

That is really weird! I'm sure you have got an A in physics- I remember seeing your posts on gcse results day threads before I had tsr and thinking wow you're so smart! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest