The Student Room Group

My boyfriend kissed his ex

I have been dating this guy for three months now. I recently found out by an anonymous number that he cheated on me with his ex a couple days ago.The anonymous number sent me pictures and advises me that my boyfriend is playing around with my emotions. I then confront him about him cheating on me and he goes crazy telling me it was a mistake and that he will drop connection with her and that he didnt mean to at all blah blah im sorry ****. I asked him why he didnt tell me when it happened and he told me he was scared for me to know because he says it was a mistake and he really wants to be with me. What do i do? Its only been three months but it feels like forever with him because we get along so perfectly. He says he will change and he will do his best because he says he really does love me. Should i forgive him as time goes by or should i just go my own way?

Scroll to see replies

Hmm, well, it's early days, maybe he wasn't sure what he wanted with you yet, got carried away with his ex, then realised that he does definitely want you. So, I think it's worth giving him another chance. But if anything similar happens again, send him packing.
Reply 2
I disagree with poster above. You've only been together 3 months. Very early to be lying, cheating and deceiving - this should be the soppy honeymoon period. He didn't even confess he got caught out. Major red flag for me.
Original post by AvaAdore
I disagree with poster above. You've only been together 3 months. Very early to be lying, cheating and deceiving - this should be the soppy honeymoon period. He didn't even confess he got caught out. Major red flag for me.

Couldn't have worded it better myself. Alarm bells should be going off in your head OP...
lol wtf at the first post

LEAVE HIM. It will get worst. He didn't even tell you lol

The first post is what most women are like then they get mad and say 'all men are the same' when they get treated like crap
Original post by AvaAdore

I agree.
Original post by Anonymous
I have been dating this guy for three months now. I recently found out by an anonymous number that he cheated on me with his ex a couple days ago.The anonymous number sent me pictures and advises me that my boyfriend is playing around with my emotions. I then confront him about him cheating on me and he goes crazy telling me it was a mistake and that he will drop connection with her and that he didnt mean to at all blah blah im sorry ****. I asked him why he didnt tell me when it happened and he told me he was scared for me to know because he says it was a mistake and he really wants to be with me. What do i do? Its only been three months but it feels like forever with him because we get along so perfectly. He says he will change and he will do his best because he says he really does love me. Should i forgive him as time goes by or should i just go my own way?

Was he dumped or did he dump his ex girlfriend? I'm only asking because if he was dumped there could be chance he wants to get back with his ex girlfriend and work out their issues. You could possibly only be a rebound relationship. However, if he dumped her he shouldn't be in contact with her in my opinion as he ended the relationship. Yet, here he is three months later kissing her.
The alarm bells would be ringing if he is doing this, if it is like this now then I doubt it is going to get much better.
No.You've been together long enough to be an 'established couple' so this should be completely unacceptable. Axe this relationship immediately, cut all contact and walk away while you still have your self respect. Don't look back. Because in all likelihood, if he cheats now, he will cheat later, no matter how much you like him and no matter how remorseful he currently seems. He may even believe that he will never do it again. But a couple of months later when the remorse fades and you both move on, the desires will come back and he will do it again the next chance he gets. And you can bet he will be more careful not to get caught the next time and the next.... etc....
(edited 8 years ago)
Its time to move on
You need to stand your ground on this one.
Leave him. That kiss was no mistake. He's obviously still got feelings for his ex.
I had a similar situation, and I was prepared to let it go, to save the relationship and not create any ugly scenes. Obviously, this didn't work.
Leave him. Three months into a relationship, and he's already lied and cheated on you. You deserve better.
If you live in manchester and his name starts with S then dont go there girl

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Beat that **** in the face. Hate guys like that, makes girls think us guys are all dicks.

Leave him. He doesn't deserve a girl. Hope he never reproduces and dies alone.
He is only sorry because he got caught. Leave him and save yourself the heartache in the future.
Lol of that was my boyfriend I'd dump his ass, that's a red flag there him kissing his ex....well that's my opinion. What he says is all words how will you know that he won't do it again? :tongue:
Reply 18
I don't care what people say: Once a cheat, always a cheat.
Original post by Anonymous

k.

so how would you feel if he did tell you? would it make it any better or different, exactly?
I'm curious because I've been in this situation sort of. And never exactly understand when people are hurt by me, how I hurt them. I just don't get it so please remain anon and talk to me. What bothered you the most?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending