The Student Room Group

Audiology 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oiseaux
The DMU website says you can. "The course has been approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), allowing graduates to be eligible to apply for registration and hence practice as a Hearing Aid Dispenser in the private sector. Graduates can decide which career pathway suits them on completion of the programme: NHS, private or both."

I thought audiologist & hearing aid dispenser are different.
What Made U Peep choose thi course
Reply 41
Hi, how are everyone's applications going so far? Any offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Hey, has anyone sent off their application yet? Any offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by HafsaR

Posted from TSR Mobile

I havent sent my application off yet. Which unis did you apply to. Have you had any offers yet?
Original post by Nv97
I havent sent my application off yet. Which unis did you apply to. Have you had any offers yet?

What made you choose this course?
Reply 45
Sending my application off on Monday hopefully. I'm applying for Manchester, Leeds, Aston, Middlesex. Just looking for a backup course in case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by HafsaR
Sending my application off on Monday hopefully. I'm applying for Manchester, Leeds, Aston, Middlesex. Just looking for a backup course in case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What you thinking of doing as a backup course?
Why is everyone blanking my q ?
Original post by HafsaR
Hi, how are everyone's applications going so far? Any offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just waiting for my school to write my reference so I can send my application off :smile:. What about you?
Reply 49
Original post by Nv97
What you thinking of doing as a backup course?

Pharmacy because I've got some work experience there. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
I'm sending mine off on Monday hopefully. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HafsaR
Pharmacy because I've got some work experience there. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

HoW r u ganna link both
Reply 52
With my experience I've also added in my pharmacy experience. Also I've talked in depth about chemistry in my subject choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HafsaR
With my experience I've also added in my pharmacy experience. Also I've talked in depth about chemistry in my subject choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't u also link in your audiology work experience ?
Reply 54
Yes I wrote about my audiology, and pharmacy work experience from a healthcare point of view. What's your backup?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HafsaR
Yes I wrote about my audiology, and pharmacy work experience from a healthcare point of view. What's your backup?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well.. I haven't finalised what course to apply for. I want to go into a specific career. So far I enjoy the role of a dietician however , my aim is to also shadow an Audiologist and a speech lang therapist. If either of them make me feel enjoyable I'll either apply for that specific course or try to link it with my other course dietetics.

I've heard u should stick to one tho
Original post by Nv97
Are any of you applying for Audiology 2016 entry at DMU as your first choice?

What other unis are you thinking of applying for?
Any advice on audiology would be helpful

Im also applying for audiology at aston, dmu, manchester, leeds and southampton. My predicted grades are abb. what are your predicted grades and where are you applying
Reply 57
Original post by De Montfort University
Hi! If you need specific advice about Audiology at DMU just let us know!

I applied to audiology last year and due to an ear operation just before exams began, I underperformed and didn't get the grades needed. I was still in recovery when taking the exams. I am retaking the exams as an external student of my previous college and am currently in the middle of my ucas application.

I was wondering whether I should mention in my application the reason of why I underperformed last year.

Also, for my personal statement, do I have to rewrite an entire new one or just edit my old one?

thankyou
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Uz25
I thought audiologist & hearing aid dispenser are different.
What Made U Peep choose thi course

Hearing aid dispenser requires a Foundation Degree in Audiology (typically taking 15 months) and you will generally work in the private sector. This isn't a sufficient qualification to work in the NHS as an Audiologist (but there may be other jobs in an Audiology dept that you could do - not sure about this).

To be an Audiologist requires the full 3-year BSc course or the MSc and you are then usually qualified to work in the NHS or private sector (but double check with the uni).
Original post by HafsaR

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've received an offer from dmu and an invitation for a interview at manchester

Quick Reply

Latest