The Student Room Group

Do you think you'll do better or worse than your predicted grades?

Poll

Do you think you'll do better or worse than your predicted grades?

Not long til results now :biggrin: Fingers crossed everyone! :crossedf:

A2 students -If you're worrying about your grades, check out our Clearing hub so you'll be ready for results day. There's the 'Scared I'll miss my offer thread' too which is really lovely :smile: But most of all, try not to stress :hugs: You'll be fine no matter what.

If you're feeling confident, that's great. :yay: Here's what you need to do before going to uni. You can also go chat in the Unis waiting room and find your university thread from the big list.

AS & GCSE students, check out your hubs too :biggrin:
:bl:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think I may just get the same grades as I was predicted but not in the same subjects.
I was predicted A*AA in Maths, Chem, Biology respectively
I think I might get A*AA in Biology, Maths, Chem respectively

Predictions are bs tbh depending on the college you go too, as for my college, each subject teacher give a prediction for what they think you will get. They however take into account most times the grades for the courses they want to apply too. If they dont think you will get the grades for that course they make you rim lick and sign you up to all sort of revision and preparation lessons.

What is messed up about my school system though is that everyone has a mentor and it is this mentor that takes you through your UCAS application and sends it off. If your predictions are poor and you need good ones, as long as your friendly with your mentor he/she will change it to what you want.

I had a friend who achieved 2 years ago at AS CCDE at AS, he then took CCD to A2 and was predicted by teachers BCC. He didn't want to argue and decided he would just work hard the following year and worst comes to worst he will reapply next year. His mentor who liked him and believed he could do better put AAA prediction for him onto UCAS which motivated him and he ended up getting ABB at A2 with a lot of hard work.
(edited 8 years ago)
You guys will all surpass your predicted grades, I have seen into the future!
I don't know... I genuinely have no idea. You should add an "unsure" option to the poll, aha.
Original post by ivybridge
I don't know... I genuinely have no idea. You should add an "unsure" option to the poll, aha.

Agreed.
Predicted ABB but how I'm feeling right now is BBC... I hate predictions haha! :s-smilie:
On the whole I think I've done better. My further maths was predicted to be an A but I'll be lucky to get a B

Chemistry was predicted to be a C but pretty sure I'll get a nice A. I'll show those chemistry teachers to not doubt me :biggrin:

Predicted AABC. Hoping for AAAB
Original post by ivybridge

Added :top:
Original post by AstroNandos
On the whole I think I've done better. My further maths was predicted to be an A but I'll be lucky to get a B

Chemistry was predicted to be a C but pretty sure I'll get a nice A. I'll show those chemistry teachers to not doubt me :biggrin:

Predicted AABC. Hoping for AAAB

Are you AS or A2 carrying 4 subjects? They're very good grades either way! :smile:
Original post by Clytaemnestra
Are you AS or A2 carrying 4 subjects? They're very good grades either way! :smile:

AS. I want to carry all 4 to A2 but I'm not sure if my sixth form will let me :frown: they're good grades but my parents are under the impression that I'll get all 5 As (critical thinking lel) for some reason :s
Original post by AstroNandos
AS. I want to carry all 4 to A2 but I'm not sure if my sixth form will let me :frown: they're good grades but my parents are under the impression that I'll get all 5 As (critical thinking lel) for some reason :s

Oh right! I've just finished sixth form and the procedure was that you can drop a subject if you want to but you don't have to. Very aspirational target :smile:
Definitely do worse. I was predicted A*A*A*A but I'll probably only get A*AAA or AAAA
This was literally the worst academic year I've ever had!I was predicted A* in Economics,A in Maths and B in Physics.
I am expecting A*-A in Economics,A-B in Maths and B-C in Physics!
I did A2 last year and have no idea what my predicted grades were - cant remember anyone ever telling me lol. Irrelevant now though I suppose :smile:

Good luck to all - hope you smash it!
My predictions were all over the place tbh. I was given A*A*AB by my teachers, but for my UCAS reference they gave A*ABB... I think that reasonably thinking about it, I'd get AABB, maybe if I'm lucky scraping an A* for Art. Worse case scenario is ABCC, which isn't terrible but I'd miss my offers by a lot.
What course were you looking to study at UNI?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Not long til results now :biggrin: Fingers crossed everyone! :crossedf:

A2 students -If you're worrying about your grades, check out our Clearing hub so you'll be ready for results day. There's the 'Scared I'll miss my offer thread' too which is really lovely :smile: But most of all, try not to stress :hugs: You'll be fine no matter what.

If you're feeling confident, that's great. :yay: Here's what you need to do before going to uni. You can also go chat in the Unis waiting room and find your university thread from the big list.

AS & GCSE students, check out your hubs too :biggrin:
:bl:
no no i'd do worse and told my mother I know she reacts on results day!
Reply 17
Anyone else unsure? I did 12 exams and I can't remember how I've done. I don't want to under-predict or, even worse, over-predict what I got.
Original post by `Jts
Anyone else unsure? I did 12 exams and I can't remember how I've done. I don't want to under-predict or, even worse, over-predict what I got.
in what subjects,guy?
:badger::charm:what did you do? I don't want to remind you, but which subjects did you have exams? I just finished my 4 AS levels. U?

Quick Reply

Latest