The Student Room Group

Argos buy now pay later

Anyone used this scheme before? Was hoping to use it with an iPhone and pay it back within the 12 months.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Anyone used this scheme before? Was hoping to use it with an iPhone and pay it back within the 12 months.

Buy now, leave the country and never come back - this is a far better scheme
Reply 2

29.9% APR. You'd be better off buying it from interest-free overdraft or lower APR card.
Reply 3
Original post by bailfire
Buy now, leave the country and never come back - this is a far better scheme

Is it really worth running abroad to avoid paying a £600 debt? :rolleyes:
Original post by Reue
Is it really worth running abroad to avoid paying a £600 debt? :rolleyes:

Who said £600? Why not buy loads of expensive items, stack it up - then leave :biggrin:
Reply 5
Who said £600? Why not buy loads of expensive items, stack it up - then leave :biggrin:

Because the credit limit is only £1000. I don't think youve adequately planned this heist.
The iPhone should be interest free for 12 months. I've used this scheme a few times and it's pretty good. I've never had any problems.

Just go to the store, give them your Argos card at the paying section (assuming you have it, if not apply for one) and they'll ask if you want to buy now pay later option and then take your item home.

Pretty simple.
Reply 7
Original post by Optimum_
The iPhone should be interest free for 12 months. I've used this scheme a few times and it's pretty good. I've never had any problems.

Just go to the store, give them your Argos card at the paying section (assuming you have it, if not apply for one) and they'll ask if you want to buy now pay later option and then take your item home.

Pretty simple.

Ah should have read all the small print. You appear to be right: interest free for 12 months.
Original post by Reue
Ah should have read all the small print. You appear to be right: interest free for 12 months.

Always read the small print :wink:

(not that anyone does, myself included)
Reply 9
Always read the small print :wink:

(not that anyone does, myself included)

Normally when they give the APR first.. the small print isnt much better.
Original post by Reue
Normally when they give the APR first.. the small print isnt much better.

True, the only reason I knew it was interest free was because I had been looking around for a phone a while back.
I used this to get iPhone and MacBook. As long as you pay within 12months you pay no interest.
Original post by Reue
Because the credit limit is only £1000. I don't think youve adequately planned this heist.

You're right.. upon further research - I qualify for a 10,000 credit card loan from my bank... Time to shop!
Reply 13
You're right.. upon further research - I qualify for a 10,000 credit card loan from my bank... Time to shop!

What is a credit card loan? Is it a credit card or is it a loan? And 10k?

I smell a troll.
Original post by Reue
What is a credit card loan? Is it a credit card or is it a loan? And 10k?

I smell a troll.

But I showered this morning.. :frown:
Original post by TraceyE
I used this to get iPhone and MacBook. As long as you pay within 12months you pay no interest.

And you can pay it off fully during those 12 months right?
True, the only reason I knew it was interest free was because I had been looking around for a phone a while back.

Did you buy the iPhone 6 then?
Did you buy the iPhone 6 then?

Nope, stuck with my HTC One M7, old but not obsolete.
Nope, stuck with my HTC One M7, old but not obsolete.

How come you didnt buy it? I have an M8 atm but considering the move to iPhone
How come you didnt buy it? I have an M8 atm but considering the move to iPhone

Price was the main reason and the fact that everyone has an iPhone. HTC is another I'm looking at (M9).

Too many options, New Samsung Galaxy S6 also looks sweet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending