The Student Room Group

Rejected :( :(

I met this girl in my course about 3 months ago. She was a friend of one of my friends. We got along really well. First it was slow. I was being nice and polite without making any jokes or anything like that. But after sometime we became close and got to know each other well. She told me many things about her, family, friends, favourite things. We did things together like going out for runs, movies, order pizza and study. I got a feeling that she liked me cause during all these times our conversations went on nicely and she showed interest about my things. So based on this one day after a going out for a coffee in the afternoon (The day before I leave UK for summer vacation). I asked her what she thinks of taking our relationship for being more than friends. She thought for a while and said no she sees me as friends and she doesn't want to loose me as a friend (usual). The return journey became hella awkward. I was trying to talk as less as possible. I asked her out the day before I leave for my vacation home. We exchanged our good byes next day via text and I said I hope things get back to normal after what happened yesterday. I am over my heartbreak already, but I am a bit confused. Was it wrong to ask her out cause we got along pretty well and I was enjoying the time I spent with her? Was it too soon? Do you think I will have a second chance with her? What do think of all this? Thanks in advance
Reply 1
There are plenty more girls out there bro.
Ngl, wouldn't want to start a relationship the day before the summer holidays. Especially when I haven't known the person for long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
should have asked to be friends with benefits. Then you'd still be friends :wink:
Original post by Moonstruck16
Ngl, wouldn't want to start a relationship the day before the summer holidays. Especially when I haven't known the person for long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I could not keep it in my heart.
Original post by Tropic Thunder
I could not keep it in my heart.

hmm you waited too long to tell her...should have done this in the first week or so lol

The thing with girls is if you small talk them too much they either get bored of you very quickly or see you as some close friend she can speak to for emotional support that being said your approach has to be sharp, planned and quick!
Reply 6
Nothing wrong with what you did. The key to the future is accepting she's not up for it and putting your energy instead in to finding someone who is. Fine to be friends with her after you've done this, if it still matters. Anything else, unless she initiates it, is just humiliation.
Original post by trapking
hmm you waited too long to tell her...should have done this in the first week or so lol

The thing with girls is if you small talk them too much they either get bored of you very quickly or see you as some close friend she can speak to for emotional support that being said your approach has to be sharp, planned and quick!

I didn't have feelings towards her from the day one. It took time. That is why I was't quick.
Original post by Tropic Thunder
I didn't have feelings towards her from the day one. It took time. That is why I was't quick.

Then that is your fault for not seeing it early enough...you should be already asking yourself if you see her as a girlfriend/friends with benefits feom the beginning.

Anyways dont worry plenty more girls out there :wink:
Reply 9
Not your fault, it's just the way it goes :smile: if you're okay with it, just go back to being friends and look for somebody else to love
It's good that you told her. Otherwise, you would have spent the whole summer thinking about what would and could have happened. Could something ever develop in the future? Nobody knows. But it is possible, I've known it to have happened.
Nah nothing wrong with what you did at all, fair play for having the balls to tell her how you felt. Plenty more fish in the sea bro, consider acting sooner next time though so that you don't get stuck in the friend zone!
I agree with what has been said.
You told her how you felt & that takes courage.
Tbh not everyone you fall for is going to like you back.Maybe in the future she might ,who knows.Hope you can get the friendship back to normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JindleBrey
It's good that you told her. Otherwise, you would have spent the whole summer thinking about what would and could have happened. Could something ever develop in the future? Nobody knows. But it is possible, I've known it to have happened.

Thanks. :smile: Spending the summer with doubt was my biggest fear.
Original post by JoshC98
Nah nothing wrong with what you did at all, fair play for having the balls to tell her how you felt. Plenty more fish in the sea bro, consider acting sooner next time though so that you don't get stuck in the friend zone!

Thanks bro.. :smile:
Original post by NellyMelly
I agree with what has been said.
You told her how you felt & that takes courage.
Tbh not everyone you fall for is going to like you back.Maybe in the future she might ,who knows.Hope you can get the friendship back to normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: I think friendship is Ok beacuse we texted a few weeks back during the holidays. But it will be a bit (or much) awkward when we see each other in September..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending