The Student Room Group

The Oxford TSA thread - 2016 applicants - 4th November 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by humortime
Where in America/where did you take the test? I remember guessing C, but I forget which number of bags that was.

22 was c :smile: pretty sure that was right! and I took the test at my high school! I was the only one lol
Original post by Nikki2317
22 was c :smile: pretty sure that was right! and I took the test at my high school! I was the only one lol

Ok good! I just had no time to do that one, too much arithmetic. That's pretty normal people in the US don't even consider applying haha I was the only one who had ever applied to Oxbridge from my high school last year, at least for as long as my college counselor had been working there, but 2 people are applying this year so I guess I set a trend
Original post by scblx
It didn't go well. I had to guess a couple of times..
What about you?
I am already quite certain that I will be rejected in 3 weeks.

I only had time to answer about 30 questions, so not well at all :/ We still have three weeks of waiting? Great.
Reply 783
Original post by jennifer_susan97
I only had time to answer about 30 questions, so not well at all :/ We still have three weeks of waiting? Great.

I am not quite sure but it was said that we are notified only one week before the interview - so for PPE this is in about three weeks I think..
The wait is awful.
Reply 784
Original post by scblx
I am not quite sure but it was said that we are notified only one week before the interview - so for PPE this is in about three weeks I think..
The wait is awful.

26/11/2014 last year.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2745951&page=53&p=51856955#post51856955
Original post by scblx
The wait is awful.

Oxford say that 'at latest' you will be notified a week before, so really could be any time between now and a week prior, though from past experience applying last year, they tend to be very late so that 'a week before, latest' is normally pretty accurate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scblx
The wait is awful.

I found out the week before my interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
interviews for PPE are right at the beginning, it is one of the first subjects(6th December). So the latest we will find out is the end of November, so as someone said within 3 weeks (21 days) good luck. Roughly 57% of us will be getting a rejection outright so, statistically we should all be pessimists ;p
I don't know where I stand... feel that the TSA test went well enough for me to get interview but the essay was horrendous..... I'm applying for Economics and Management.
Reply 789
Original post by Ecconomist
I don't know where I stand... feel that the TSA test went well enough for me to get interview but the essay was horrendous..... I'm applying for Economics and Management.

I feel the exact same way. I definitely know that I got a number of questions wrong on the test, but I think that I did reasonably well (especially considering the fact that this year's test should be lenient on the grading). My essay, though, was just trash. I can't even remember what I wrote, but I'm still embarrassed. Anyone else applying for Experimental Psychology?
Reply 790
Original post by liliam
I feel the exact same way. I definitely know that I got a number of questions wrong on the test, but I think that I did reasonably well (especially considering the fact that this year's test should be lenient on the grading). My essay, though, was just trash. I can't even remember what I wrote, but I'm still embarrassed. Anyone else applying for Experimental Psychology?

thats the same for me.. they'll think a year 7 wrote my essay
Reply 791
Original post by lara24
thats the same for me.. they'll think a year 7 wrote my essay

When they read my essay, they will wonder how I am going to meet the English language requirements for non native speakers..
But I speak English much better than I showed in the essay :biggrin: Anyway, they must think I am crazy to apply for a course taught in English :biggrin:
Original post by liliam

Yes, I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liliam

This is pretty close to how I feel (applied for HumSci).
Reply 794
Original post by liliam

I'm applying! New college, and you?
Reply 795
Original post by rvas

lol you wont get in
Reply 796
Original post by Heyyyyy
lol you wont get in

cheers :-) but if you're saying this because it's a popular college, the pooling system is very good and fair
Reply 797
Original post by rvas

Magdalen. We're both reaching for the stars, eh? Good luck. :smile: (but not too much luck, I need that :wink:)
Anyone applied to Hertford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 799
Original post by Viridiana
Anyone applied to Hertford?

Posted from TSR Mobile

PPE Hertford applicant here :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending