The Student Room Group

Home/Distance Maths/English GCSE Provider?

Hi all, looking at re-doing my Maths and English GCSE's, I didn't actually do them at school due to me being young and stupid, now 27 and at least need to get C plus in Maths for a cource which is related to my work. Was going to to evening courses in at my local college but due to times and my work I'm unable to make the commitment.

So can anyone recomend a good online/home study provider for these? Any good or bad experiences?

Original post by peppz
Hi all, looking at re-doing my Maths and English GCSE's, I didn't actually do them at school due to me being young and stupid, now 27 and at least need to get C plus in Maths for a cource which is related to my work. Was going to to evening courses in at my local college but due to times and my work I'm unable to make the commitment.

So can anyone recomend a good online/home study provider for these? Any good or bad experiences?

There is ICS and NEC but personally have no experience of them.

If GCSEs are like A levels you may be able to register as a private candidate with a school/college and self learn if you get hold of books.
Original post by peppz

Hi peppz - you can study both GCSEs and IGCSEs with us and start learning whenever you like. Take a look through the feedback from some of our learners here, and see what you think of our courses on our website - you can download course samples and enrol online or over the phone. We're also offering a £100 discount on all of our GCSE and IGCSE courses through August!

-Gemma
Reply 3
Thanks for the replys, I'll have a look into the above :smile:
IGCSEs are designed to be delivered "from a distance" and lend themselves well to online study and self guided learning.

If you did not do as well as you hoped when you were in school, it is worth considering a course with tutor support, or a dedicated course tutor as you will need to be able to ask questions and seek guidance on areas where you need additional support.
Original post by peppz
Thanks for the replys, I'll have a look into the above :smile:

Also some colleges and schools offer maths & English GCSEs free for adult learners/resitters for those without them as they are basic subjects. I know my local secondary school and nearby college offer evening classes to sit them free of charge so best looking around your area for adult learning. Your council might have an adult education brochure lurking online somewhere as mine does else could ring around local schools/colleges. Might be a better idea as they'll be more face to face support than distance learning but it'll come down to what times they run them and whether you can do it I suppose. But above learning providers are good options too but I would check out all options first. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending