The Student Room Group

Student discount card

Hi does anyone know the difference between a student advantage card and a student us extra card, or which is better and why?
Most places will give you a student discount for just having a student ID card.
Original post by Kat,
Hi does anyone know the difference between a student advantage card and a student us extra card, or which is better and why?

I have never heard of a student advantage card till you ve mentioned it so i would say nus is much more widely know and probably more widely accepted and theres a few places that will take nus that the student advantage card doesnt list, however it claims to be free for the advantage one so why not get that then buy an nus just incase:smile:
NUS is what most shops will accept as they ask for something with an expiry date and your picture on it. That being said, all shops I've tried to get discount at have given it to me using my uni ID badge- even when it doesn't state that uni ID is acceptable as discount.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
I have never heard of a student advantage card till you ve mentioned it so i would say nus is much more widely know and probably more widely accepted and theres a few places that will take nus that the student advantage card doesnt list, however it claims to be free for the advantage one so why not get that then buy an nus just incase:smile:

yeah i think thats what i am going to do, thank you!
Reply 5
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
NUS is what most shops will accept as they ask for something with an expiry date and your picture on it. That being said, all shops I've tried to get discount at have given it to me using my uni ID badge- even when it doesn't state that uni ID is acceptable as discount.

oh okay, I'm still in a levels so i don't have a uni badge just yet, but thank you for the advice!
Original post by Kat,
oh okay, I'm still in a levels so i don't have a uni badge just yet, but thank you for the advice!

If you have a sixth form ID badge with your picture on it that will work too. I used mine back then and had no problems :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending