The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Got an email from Loughborough for accommodation, am I in?

I dont think so, because results day is still a week off, but I've been sent this from Loughborough, and so far, no equivalent from my 2nd choice.
Anyone have any ideas?
Accom.png
Yes.

Accommodation offers for firms are sometimes given out before results day. A lot of universities tend to guarantee accommodation for first years.

You haven't received anything from your insurance because they are more focused on people who have firmed their university. It'd be impossible for universities to guarantee accommodation for both firm and insurance students.

Understandably, it is a confusing email. I think it's asking you to apply for particular halls after you have your results but you're guaranteed halls overall.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Yes.

Accommodation offers for firms are sometimes given out before results day. A lot of universities tend to guarantee accommodation for first years.

You haven't received anything from your insurance because they are more focused on people who have firmed their university. It'd be impossible for universities to guarantee accommodation for both firm and insurance students.

Understandably, it is a confusing email. I think it's asking you to apply for particular halls after you have your results but you're guaranteed halls overall.

It's understandable why it's confusing but I don't think it's saying you've got in. Both my firm and insurance emailed me about accommodation. It's about making a 'reservation' of a room for if you do get the grades. If that makes sense?
But hey, it may be different for others.
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
It's understandable why it's confusing but I don't think it's saying you've got in. Both my firm and insurance emailed me about accommodation. It's about making a 'reservation' of a room for if you do get the grades. If that makes sense?
But hey, it may be different for others.

What I understood from the email is that they have a place at halls (should they get the grades), but not a specific hall.

Or was the OP talking about getting into the university? If so, then no you haven't got in until you get the grades. But if you do, you have accommodation.
Original post by chickenonsteroids
What I understood from the email is that they have a place at halls (should they get the grades), but not a specific hall.

Or was the OP talking about getting into the university? If so, then no you haven't got in until you get the grades. But if you do, you have accommodation.

Yeah I understand what you mean, I saw your point of view as well - I just thought he was talking about university. So with both statements you've just said, you're correct. So to the OP, this is either answer you'd be looking for.
Original post by UndecidedChoice
I dont think so, because results day is still a week off, but I've been sent this from Loughborough, and so far, no equivalent from my 2nd choice.
Anyone have any ideas?
Accom.png

Just to clarify - all this means is that if you do make your grades on Thursday, you will have a room in halls and it is letting you know what date and time you can get online to reserve your room.
It doesn't mean that you've made your grades and are coming to Lboro.

Hope this clears that up.

Vicky
Original post by Loughborough University
Just to clarify - all this means is that if you do make your grades on Thursday, you will have a room in halls and it is letting you know what date and time you can get online to reserve your room.
It doesn't mean that you've made your grades and are coming to Lboro.

Hope this clears that up.

Vicky

Well I got in, :biggrin: Very excited
Original post by UndecidedChoice
Well I got in, :biggrin: Very excited

Congrats :h: Hope you have a good time there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending