The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Extending deadline of accepting place durham

I know u have to accept ur place within 7 days from results day but is there anyone to get an extension?? Durham is my insurance and I missed my firm university offer by one UMS mark and am getting a remark for my papers. But it wont arrive before Thursday (which is the deadline). The durham phone line queue is so long - is there anyone in which I can notify them of this?
Original post by sakura414
I know u have to accept ur place within 7 days from results day but is there anyone to get an extension?? Durham is my insurance and I missed my firm university offer by one UMS mark and am getting a remark for my papers. But it wont arrive before Thursday (which is the deadline). The durham phone line queue is so long - is there anyone in which I can notify them of this?

i’m in a similar position with having to accept my insurance choice loughborough. I sent them an email explaining the situation of getting a remark and how my firm choice said they’d reinstate my offer if i got the grade up from the remark and this is what they sent back to me:

“I would encourage you to keep going as if you are coming to us, and then if your remark does get you back to your Firm choice we will be able to unpick the decision in conjunction with your Firm choice institution. You will not lose anything, and it gives you a safety net. If your remark does not change your grades then you know that you have everything sorted to come here.”

In my email to them i asked if i should complete the online registration and apply for accommodation so that’s what they’re referring to as the ‘keep going as if you are coming to us.”

so yeah best advice is accept durham and inform them of the situation with your remark!!
hope this helps!! good luck with your remark!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by sakura414

Hi there

I would say fill up the Ask Us form and ring them again tomorrow. The phone lines are quite busy due to the Confirmation and Clearing period but everyone is working really hard and your call will be picked up as soon as someone is available.

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest