The Student Room Group
Reply 1
u can do anything, frm engineering to anything lol science degrees are well sough after. as long as you go to a good one
Reply 2
Depends on your subjects. If you want to do Engineering or physical sciences then you need Maths and Physics. If you want to do chemistry or the biological sciences you need chemistry and maths, biology or physics at A level.
Reply 3
Physics, Maths, Biology and Chemistry. I want a career in Science/Engineering and want to know which are the best careerwise
Reply 4
yeah its too hard to say, but if you want engineering (take Maths F.Maths and Physics) and "science" definitely take (Chemistry and Biology) the physics at UCL people said they cover F.Maths stuff like complex numbers etc which you may find a bit daunting at first as you probably never seen it before!.
Reply 5
barry1200
Physics, Maths, Biology and Chemistry. I want a career in Science/Engineering and want to know which are the best careerwise

You've got many options with those subjects from Physics/Astrophysics to Chemistry to all fields of Engineering.
Reply 6
Career wise i would say Engineering is the best (might be a bit biased) you can work in finance which is a very good career! or in science/engineering related fields.
Reply 7
Engineers FTW :biggrin:
Reply 8
w00tt
Engineers FTW :biggrin:

sorry this is off topic, but what does ftw stand for?
Reply 9
For The Win* :smile:
Reply 10
N.H.K.
For The Win* :smile:

ooohhh thanks :smile:
I think it's so pointless doing an engineering degree/science degree only to go and work in finance like so many other people. Makes you wonder what the point in the degree is.
I would love to bounce on about the merits of Civil Engineering, but I would probably destroy TSR with my posting

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/Explore_types_of_jobs/p!elmjX
Reply 13
stratomaster
I think it's so pointless doing an engineering degree/science degree only to go and work in finance like so many other people. Makes you wonder what the point in the degree is.

I can't see anything wrong in that in the slightest. If that is the case, I feel studying economics then teaching children is pointless... each to his own :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending