The Student Room Group

AQA Music A-Level Harmony Coursework (MUS2A) Undermarked!!!!??

Everyone at my college who chose to do harmony for their coursework got either a D, E or a U. I was wondering whether this was the same for others too?
My coursework was the music 2B and I got an E as well. It isn't the best piece of music, but I think it is better than an E. Would anyone mind giving their honest opinion?
Reply 2
Original post by howardhoward
My coursework was the music 2B and I got an E as well. It isn't the best piece of music, but I think it is better than an E. Would anyone mind giving their honest opinion?

I have no clue what's going on, I think our college are sending all of our work back for a remark because there must have been a marking error.
Original post by krb8
I have no clue what's going on, I think our college are sending all of our work back for a remark because there must have been a marking error.

I'm an A2 student and my class have had the same thing happen for our MUS5 AND our performance marks. I got a U in my composition when I was predicted a B! All of us are getting remarks for at least one module, so we must have had some really harsh examiners... It's slightly reassuring to hear it just wasn't our school that's had problems even though you're referring to the AS module.
Reply 4
I did MUS2B, and was predicted an A by my music teacher who externally marks A Level Music papers, and was shocked at seeing a D for my composition. Slightly relieved to see that this has been a problem in other schools; maybe sending them all off for remarks is a good idea.
Original post by ras-sagoo
I did MUS2B, and was predicted an A by my music teacher who externally marks A Level Music papers, and was shocked at seeing a D for my composition. Slightly relieved to see that this has been a problem in other schools; maybe sending them all off for remarks is a good idea.

Which did you do? Electronic?
Reply 6
Original post by howardhoward
Which did you do? Electronic?

I did Vocal Music
Reply 7
How do we appeal this? After a remark my son's harmony module still came back as a u after being predicted A/B. He is a grade 8 musician so something is fundamentally wrong and I do not want to let this drop.

Quick Reply

Latest