The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi...

I've got an interview next week at Wolves Uni to study the diploma in childrens nursing, so fingers crossed. x
Reply 2
ive applied for many unis for childs nursing, however, only got positive answers back from manchester, herts and middlesex. i had an interview for herts, it was lovely. dont really no what to expect from all of this but i hope it goes well for u guys. im scared and xcited!!!! :confused:
Reply 3
I've had an interview at Cardiff for child nursing, got one at Leeds on March 27th and I'm still waiting to hear from Glamorgan. Hopefully my next interview goes better.
Reply 4
i got interviews for st martins, uclan, teeside and sheffield hallam bt i rejected the teeside and sheffield hallam interiews seen as they gave me the interview date only a few days before. had interviews at uclan at st martins picked uclan because i thought the atmosphere was better and got my confirmation through this morning soooo exciting. good luck to the rest of you
Reply 5
Hi everyone iv applied for BA in adult nursing had my interview at UCLAN andgot an offer! got an interview nxt wk for st.martins! good luck everyone!
Reply 6
I've applied to do child nursing

Got offers from
Southampton and Kings

Been rejected from Canterbury and Bournemouth (they mucked everything up pfft!)

Had interviews at Cardiff and Oxford Brookes, waiting for a reply!

Def having Soton as my top choice
Hoping to get offers from Cardiff and O.B and it'll be between them as an insurance

I didn't like Kings or Canterbury when i went there

xxxx
Reply 7
Hey i may be a student nurse in 2008 i'm taking a gap year first :biggrin:

I'm looking at

Kings
Cardiff
Birmingham
Southampton.

Any tips for personal statements? Work experience? Interviews?

Sorry i dont mean to hijack your thread :redface:

I have a thread here if anyone can offer any advise and dont want to in this thread :p: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=360027

Thanks
Reply 8
I'll give u advice here purely because i'm too lazy to click a button to go to the other thread, lol!

Obv i havn't started nursing yet but i've found for the interviews work experience is needed!
Most questions will come back to it somehow
It would help to be relevant to ur chosen branch, but as long as it involves caring for people it don't matter too much imo

Also having had a job working with the public helps!

Personal statement - start it early. It takes a lot of time! I thought i wouldn't have anything to write, but ended up with too mcuh and spent a lot of time just cutting bit's out!

I really liked Southampton, especially at my interview - it was laid back and fun! (exceot the maths test - really hard, how i passed it i have no idea! lol)

Hope that helps :smile:

xxxxx
Reply 9
starshine
I'll give u advice here purely because i'm too lazy to click a button to go to the other thread, lol!

Obv i havn't started nursing yet but i've found for the interviews work experience is needed!
Most questions will come back to it somehow
It would help to be relevant to ur chosen branch, but as long as it involves caring for people it don't matter too much imo

Also having had a job working with the public helps!

Personal statement - start it early. It takes a lot of time! I thought i wouldn't have anything to write, but ended up with too mcuh and spent a lot of time just cutting bit's out!

I really liked Southampton, especially at my interview - it was laid back and fun! (exceot the maths test - really hard, how i passed it i have no idea! lol)

Hope that helps :smile:

xxxxx

I'm hoping to do some work experience soon but only for a day or two as i dont want to take too much time out of my A levels between now and my exams. But i could do some more over the summer. :biggrin:

Personal statements are crazy, i havt actually all ready wrote one but for a different course but ended up with drawing my uni application cuz i wanted to go into nursing. (probably)

Hopefully in my gap year i will get a job as a HCA which i have been told would benefit me and would give me something to talk about in the interview aswell.

Atm i have a job in a bakery shop thats working with the public right? :p:

What A Levels do you do by the way? I'm abit worried about that.

I'm doing A2 law, history and music. I did AS biology and only got an E :redface:

^^ none of these are went the unis say it would be good for you to have?
Reply 10
Yeah that's working with the public!

I do double award health and social care and then sociology, so yeah mine do really relate to the course.

at some of my interview there have been girls there with no subjects related to nursing though!

u've just got to be able to show your motivation towards nursing
why u want to be a nurse, what u can give to the unis etc etc

xxxxxxxxx
Reply 11
and yeah getting a job as a hca would be really good to put down
and also well good for you to get experience

xxxxxxxxx
Reply 12
i start uce in 3 weeks doing adult :smile: cant wait ...
Reply 13
w000t.
I got offers from both Sheffield Hallam, and Teesside. Going to Hallam.
Reply 15
Well done !!
Reply 16
I got offers from Southampton (how?.. not sure...that maths test was mean!), Leeds and Bristol UWE for children's nursing. :smile:

I withdrew my applications for Birmingham, Coventry and DeMontford once I got the other offers cos I really wanted UWE (that is now my firm choice and Leeds is my insurance) :smile: :biggrin:

Anyone else going to UWE this year!
Reply 17
I've got an offer from Cardiff for Childrens Nursing. I withdrew my application from Glamorgan and Leeds withdrew my application because I missed my interview.

I'm so pleased I got into Cardiff though, I was really worried that I wouldn't get in, especially after my interview and the writing assessment.
Reply 18
Well done peoples. I'm just waiting to hear about an interview for Manchester because I applied late and for the Diploma course so ... fingers crossed and all that jazz.
Reply 19
Hopefully will be a student nurse in 2007!! Been rejected from Brighton for nursing and midwifery, and rejection on its way to me from Canterbury as I have no experience (at 21 I am supposed to have some healthcare experience :confused: ) Unfortunately despite my best efforts getting work experience when your not doing a-levels or under 18 seems to be an impossibility!! :frown:
Still its not all bad news got a selection day at Kings on 26th April which was my top choice any way!!
Anybody else considering Kings for the diploma in adult nursing, or already been to a selection day??
:wink:

Latest