The Student Room Group

Got ABB and applying for med, Whos in the same boat

Got an offer this year for AAA and didnt meet it by somehow getting ABB.

Just want to discuss options with anyone in the same boat as me.

Currently only Lancaster, Liverpool, UEA, Exeter and Plymouth allow resits with an ABB.

Lancaster and Liverpool want you to meet thier GCSE requirement of 15 points, which i dont meet, so my options are even narrower.

BSMS will allow you to reapply once you have your resat grades. So consequently you will only be able to apply for 2017 entry, not 2016.

UEA, Exeter and Plymouth all seem to have a high emphasis on the UKCAT as they use it for ranking before interview, so I'll have to try get 700+ on the ukcat.

Dont meet any requirements for the access to medicine courses but you can check them out for yourself.

This is what ive gathered so far
Reply 1
Have a read of this from UEA:

A Level Resits

A level resits will be considered if a minimum of ABB was obtained at first sitting, plus a fourth AS at grade B.

Applicants who are repeating their AS year, or all or part of any A level (thus taking their A levels over more than 2 years) are expected to achieve A* in at least one of the subjects as follows:

· Applicants who are wishing to re-sit one subject will be required to have a predicted A*

· Applicants re-sitting two A-Level subjects are required to have predicted grades of A*A

· Applicants re-sitting three A-Level subjects are required to have predicted grades of A*AA

Please note: for any subject repeated, the result should be at least one grade higher than that originally achieved.
You don't need 700+ for Exeter and Plymouth. Exeter requires two a* predicted for good chance at interviews and Plymouth require individual sub scores in the UKCAT. 650 would be fine. This is based on last year cycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Jaska
You don't need 700+ for Exeter and Plymouth. Exeter requires two a* predicted for good chance at interviews and Plymouth require individual sub scores in the UKCAT. 650 would be fine. This is based on last year cycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thanks:biggrin:
Reply 4
All the best OP!

Rooting for you.
Original post by Zahid~
Got an offer this year for AAA and didnt meet it by somehow getting ABB.

Just want to discuss options with anyone in the same boat as me.

Currently only Lancaster, Liverpool, UEA, Exeter and Plymouth allow resits with an ABB.

Lancaster and Liverpool want you to meet thier GCSE requirement of 15 points, which i dont meet, so my options are even narrower.

BSMS will allow you to reapply once you have your resat grades. So consequently you will only be able to apply for 2017 entry, not 2016.

UEA, Exeter and Plymouth all seem to have a high emphasis on the UKCAT as they use it for ranking before interview, so I'll have to try get 700+ on the ukcat.

Dont meet any requirements for the access to medicine courses but you can check them out for yourself.

This is what ive gathered so far

I would just like to say well done for your amazing grades, you should be very proud of yourself :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
i just did AS, i got ABBBC, as someone whos applied for medecine, do you think i could still apply and get offers or would i not getting it, baring in mind i fully intend on getting 3 As next year, maybe A* biology... just wondering if i can still get offers having only gotten one A at AS. Also my school has a reputation for predicting the grades you get at AS and no higher, so its not like i can get higher predicted grades to help with my offer

Thanks
Original post by slugmonkey97
i just did AS, i got ABBBC, as someone whos applied for medecine, do you think i could still apply and get offers or would i not getting it, baring in mind i fully intend on getting 3 As next year, maybe A* biology... just wondering if i can still get offers having only gotten one A at AS. Also my school has a reputation for predicting the grades you get at AS and no higher, so its not like i can get higher predicted grades to help with my offer

Thanks

You need to be predicted AAA, so you would need to explain to your teachers why you need those predicted grades and show them why this would be realistic, i.e. that you are working out your weaknesses and have a plan for working harder.
Original post by Jaska

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey can you tell me about Exeter.

What If I already have A*AA achieved ? How would that work for getting an interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending