The Student Room Group

I don't know if I'm babysitting tonight - should I call her?

I was volunteering at this day camp type thing last week and on the last day one of the children's mothers was asking if any of the staff would be interested in babysitting her child. I was leaving at this time and we talked and found out that we live really close to each other and she offered me a lift home and asked if I could babysit next Friday (today). I texted her yesterday to confirm it and she said that she still wanted me to babysit and asked how much I charge. I didn't want to sound rude by asking for an amount and I don't know how much the average rate is anyways so I basically just asked how much she would want to pay (as it's her money and her child and everything so I figure it should be her choice) but she hasn't replied and if I am babysitting I would be starting in about 5 hours so I don't know what to do..

Should I call her and ask? I don't really want to text her again as she didn't reply before but I can't just turn up at her house when I don't know what's happening. My mum has told me to wait until 2pm and call her if I still haven't heard anything but I'm not sure what the best thing to do would be right now..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending