The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Support Scheme

Hi, I'm currently applying to study Fashion and Textiles MA at De Montfort University, the same place I studied for my undergraduate.

The university offers a £10,000 bursary as part of the postgraduate support scheme. The only application guidelines I have are to email a 750 word statement and a detailed CV.

I'm unsure whether this means to write a personal statement, and email that as an attachment along with my CV, then include a cover letter in the body of the email. My other option is to make my cover letter my 750 word statement, and then attach my CV to the email.

I wondered if anybody had any advice on how I should do this?
Could you email them for clarification?
I applied for three PSS scholarships and was offered two. For the ones that required a statement, I wrote about how my experience matched with what the postgrad course I'm applying to covers, how I'd further that study and what my long-term academic goals are and why the scholarship would help me achieve this.

It's probably best to e-mail them for clarification, as the courses I applied for didn't require me to send a CV, but I would personally send the cover letter and CV as one whole document and count the statement as something separate.

EDIT: Just had a look at the website and it does state that the 750 word statement should describe 'how this scholarship could make a difference to your future career. Identify how the bursary will impact on your career choices and how you might envisage using your qualifications, knowledge and experience for public good.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending