The Student Room Group

Boyfriend got UUU in AS levels

Scroll to see replies

Could it be he found you irresistible, totally alluring and drop dead gorgeous to such an extent his every waking thought was about you, and he doesn't give a damn about his results as long as he has you to come home to.

make it stop :emo: :bawling:
Well I know a couple of people that get good results at A level ( A*A*A*a ) results on hard work alone, they're not very clever, even by their own admission. I also know people who are clever and haven't done very well at all, (CBB). Though not being able to work hard, is just as bad as being stupid, it's a genetic fault in my opinion. You can tell when people are clever or not when you talk to them for a while, clever people tend to come up with original ideas, and innovative propositions, free thinking and imagination. That has absolutely nothing to do with grades.

Clever + Hardwork = A*A*A*
Not Clever + Hardwork = A*A*A*

I got good grades, I scored an A* in A level maths amongst other good grades. Now hypothetically, within the realms of human achievement, if somebody scores A*A*A* it isn't very impressive is it? Don't be so flippant about people. Now if he can't work hard, then that will shine through to other areas of his life, that's a different matter. And concerning if Academia is for him or not? perhaps it isn't but that doesn't mean he can't be infinitely more successful than someone who suits academia. For example, I know builders who left school at 15, and they are profoundly more successful/wealthy than a great many number of people I know who went to top Universities...
Original post by Proxenus
He's results ain't bad but he can redo the year.

Some people know the material but just suck at exams :smile:

Also that's cute of him asking you not to abandon him :colondollar:

They're worse than mine effectively because he had less to do.
Reply 24
I got something like UDDB at AS level and resat in January (while studying A2 at the same time) and got AAAA, back before A* existed. Honestly, it means nothing. He just didn't do any work, if he does some now he'll be fine. He'll have a lot of exams to do at once next time, but really, its not that big of a deal. I did it.
Reply 25
don't lie, i bet it's you who got those results lmao
UUU still better than XXX
He is considering taking a BTEC
He doesn't want to retake AS.
We used to revise Maths together.lol after college.And he was predicted ABB.He has been crying the whole time.
Original post by tomfailinghelp
I'm pretty sure Engineering is one thing you can do a BTEC for...

Yeah he's thinking of doing that
Original post by Arkarian
If anyone walks out on a person because of a single result like this that doesn't really matter overall I honestly could never like that person.
Walking out because of a random grade fluctuation is the coldest thing you could ever do. Even the fact you might consider it is stupid.

The whole idea of a relationship is to be there for someone, if he asked you to not leave it just means he has gotten sad or depressed about his result because he did try for it. Just be there for him if you love him and if not you are still his friend right?

Anyone who walks out in this situation is a person I'd never want to talk to.

I'm not leaving him. We were talking on phone and he was just sobbing.I honestly didn't know what to say to keep him strong
UUU is pretty bad... I remember one kid in the year above me doing their AS Maths got 6 UMS marks in total. He probably just wrote his name and that was it xD
Original post by Shakz
don't lie, i bet it's you who got those results lmao

Hahahaha I actually didn't
during exam time, he was always telling me how am reading too much
Original post by jelmes96
UUU is pretty bad... I remember one kid in the year above me doing their AS Maths got 6 UMS marks in total. He probably just wrote his name and that was it xD

Ik he hardly even had E. All of them were U
Reply 33
Original post by Anonymous
Hahahaha I actually didn't
during exam time, he was always telling me how am reading too much

loool since when did reading have anything to do with results?
Original post by mhsc
I got something like UDDB at AS level and resat in January (while studying A2 at the same time) and got AAAA, back before A* existed. Honestly, it means nothing. He just didn't do any work, if he does some now he'll be fine. He'll have a lot of exams to do at once next time, but really, its not that big of a deal. I did it.

^
This.
Original post by theo1jinx
UUU still better than XXX

Yeah like XXX even exists
Original post by Windies
^
This.

woahhhh, not sure if this is true..... are u just trying to make them stay together
Imagine getting GG for your results... (Let's hope at least one person gets that reference)
To be fair though, should we really let letters on a piece of paper determine who we want to be with. If you love him for who he is, you will look past those grades
Original post by Anonymous
So yeah he got UUU in Maths, Physics and chemistry.He has always been smart.He was planning to do Mechanical engineering at uni.I honestly don't know what to tell him.He told me not to abandon him.

Tell him to do BTEC. No point in acting smart anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending