The Student Room Group

Would 'Top Tier' Uni's accept me for Pharmacy ?

I'm an AS-Level Resit student who just got the grades : A- Biology, A- Psychology, and a C in Chem :frown:
I'm 7 UMS off a B in Chem and am planning on getting 2 units in Chem remarked, hoping it may possibly change (are there any OCR A Chemistry remarking success stories?)
And in the case if it remains a C, would Top tier Uni's (e.g. Bath, Nottingham, King's...) be willing to make me offers for pharmacy?
Reply 1
You won't get in with AAC next year, certainly.

You may get offers, depends on your PS.
Reply 2
Original post by cacra
You won't get in with AAC next year, certainly.

You may get offers, depends on your PS.

When you say AAC next year is this for A2 results ? As that is definitely not what i am planning to achieve ( sorry for being a bit naive & thanks for the response ☺)
Reply 3
Original post by bpal
When you say AAC next year is this for A2 results ? As that is definitely not what i am planning to achieve ( sorry for being a bit naive & thanks for the response ☺)

That's exactly what I mean :wink:

But you would probably be able to get an offer from the above average rg unis with those grades
The main subject pharmacy schools look at is Chemistry, so unless you retake and get predicted a much higher grade (usually you need an A in Chemistry especially for Notts) then unfortunately it may be worth looking into some other university... Sorry but just being honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending