The Student Room Group

Help!!! History or triple science GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

Sociology is pointless and art is a lot of work (and not valued for it- plus I'm sure my other grades suffered due to the amount of time art took). So use them spaces as triple science and a humanities (geography is a hell of a lot easier then history- but if you enjoy history and are willing to work hard then go for it).

Also I found further additional science (or triple science) is the easiest papers and the most interesting.

If you need to ask me any questions don't be afraid to DM/PM me I don't know what it's called on here ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nikolamz
So... My GCSE options are triple science, economics, art and sociology but I'm worried since I don't have a humanity or a language!!! I am thinking of changing triple science to history but I want to be a doctor (dermatologist) when I grow up and am afraid that i wont be able to become one without triple science. In science I got a 6b in my exam and in history I get 6s too (sometimes 7s) but on my end of year assessment I got an 8c. So I am better in history than science. I don't know what to do since I want to get into a good college/uni and many of them require a humanity. Please help! Which one should I pick?

P.s
I find science slightly more interesting than history but find it harder than history. And I don't want to change any other option.

go with your passion...... not what your good at.
youll become better at science then and youll luv it :smile:
Original post by nikolamz
so... My gcse options are triple science, economics, art and sociology but i'm worried since i don't have a humanity or a language!!! I am thinking of changing triple science to history but i want to be a doctor (dermatologist) when i grow up and am afraid that i wont be able to become one without triple science. In science i got a 6b in my exam and in history i get 6s too (sometimes 7s) but on my end of year assessment i got an 8c. So i am better in history than science. I don't know what to do since i want to get into a good college/uni and many of them require a humanity. Please help! Which one should i pick?

P.s
i find science slightly more interesting than history but find it harder than history. And i don't want to change any other option.

triple science!!:smile:
Yep - definitely stick with triple science! They're generally considered to be three of the six "core" GCSEs for a reason! And yes, if you prefer science to history, even if you get better grades at history, don't forget - the grade you get at science GCSEs doesn't test your ability in the real subject, only your ability to memorise and tick the boxes. Besides, as has been mentioned by @sana_malik the more you work at it, the more you will enjoy it. That's what I'm finding with Biology - I'm really passionate about it, but was originally not that outstanding at it. But the more Bio-related stuff I did, the more my grades improved, the more I loved it and wanted to find out more:smile: Point is, keep at it:wink:
Original post by espicton98
I couldn't think of anything worse than doing maths 😅😂 well done on your grades!! And critical thinking? surely there's a lot more facilitating subjects you could choose?

Update I'm not dropping MATHS I feel as I'm giving up too easily
And I'm only doing CT because it's good practice for UKCAT test apparently :colonhash:
I'm in year 11 studying both triple science and history. You don't need triple science to become a doctor but it will help with the transition to A level sciences. Also you cannot really compare the grades you got for science and history because two completely different things were asked of you. It would be easier to compare your history grade to your english grade.

It is best to change sociology to history. Lastly, if you struggle with science before GSCE level you will have to work extremely hard to get your A's and A*'s in year 10 and 11 because triple science is difficult. You will probably regret it after a while but push through because at the end of the day you'll be glad you took it.
Original post by T.James87
I'm in year 11 studying both triple science and history. You don't need triple science to become a doctor but it will help with the transition to A level sciences. Also you cannot really compare the grades you got for science and history because two completely different things were asked of you. It would be easier to compare your history grade to your english grade.

It is best to change sociology to history.
Reply 47
GCSEs are so irrelevant once you get to A Level. Cambridge, arguably the best uni in the world? doesn't have any requirements for GCSE except maths and english language. Believe me, GCSE grades are not a good indicator of how well you will do further on and so what you pick should be what you enjoy, although changing sociology for history may be a good choice, history is a well regarded subject...
I'm in year 9, and im doing both. I dont know if your school lets you do both though, they should. History is a good subject and triple science is very good to do so do both .x

Quick Reply

Latest