The Student Room Group

can i do law without gcse history?

i’ve not picked gcse history but i intend to do english, french and physics at A level. For my gcses i’ve picked triple science, geography, textiles, business and french. Would this be enough for me to do law?
Reply 1
Original post by purplepotatoes
i’ve not picked gcse history but i intend to do english, french and physics at A level. For my gcses i’ve picked triple science, geography, textiles, business and french. Would this be enough for me to do law?

Most law schools don't have specific entry requirements and English is a written subject but if you want to go to a specific law school then you should email admissions.

How many law degrees require GCSE history??? 🤔

Hi @purplepotatoes!

If you want to study a LLB Law degree at the University of Law, the only GCSE entry requirement is that you have a 4 in an English Language (or equivalent) GCSE. Therefore, there is absolutely no need to have done a GCSE in History!
In terms of A Levels, the entry requirements are BBB in any three A Levels (or equivalent) so it would be absolutely fine to study the subjects you intend to.

I hope this helps!

Sophie :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending