The Student Room Group

Maths with physics personal statement

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by abu bardewa
Yeh
All they care about is how much mathematics does the person know ...
I think they will know a lot in interview .
Can I send message instead of thread ?
I Hhave some other stuff to ask as well.
I really appreciate ur help and advice .

I'm not a mathmo :wink:

Join the 2016 Applicants thread to meet others thinking about applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
I'm not a mathmo :wink:

Join the 2016 Applicants thread to meet others thinking about applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay 😊
@jneill: so the personal statement doesn't matter for cambridge maths? Darn I should not have put so much effort into then....

Btw, what I really love about Cambridge is that they only really care about your skill in whatever subject you're applying for, not how many clubs you're in or how many sports you do or how many volunteering hours you have. It truly is a university for the best and the brightest.
Reply 23
Original post by abu bardewa
M1 80 and fp1 76.....
I might resit fp1 as well....

I had a bad exam week....

You have no chance of getting into Cambridge with those grades.
Reply 24
Original post by Joshua Benabou
@jneill: so the personal statement doesn't matter for cambridge maths? Darn I should not have put so much effort into then....

Btw, what I really love about Cambridge is that they only really care about your skill in whatever subject you're applying for, not how many clubs you're in or how many sports you do or how many volunteering hours you have. It truly is a university for the best and the brightest.

Correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vela1
You have no chance of getting into Cambridge with those grades.

"no chance" is a tad unfair. A dud unit or two shouldn't deter you from getting an interview...as long as the other units are better (90+) its still worth a shot!
Reply 26
Original post by matthewdjones
"no chance" is a tad unfair. A dud unit or two shouldn't deter you from getting an interview...as long as the other units are better (90+) its still worth a shot!

He said he got a C for further maths AS. The harsh truth is he has no chance, no point giving him false hope.
Original post by vela1
He said he got a C for further maths AS. The harsh truth is he has no chance, no point giving him false hope.

if there are no extenuating circumstances whatsoever then I would definite agree. so if there are then it is possible they would consider the application...failing that then Im afraid its unlikely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending