The Student Room Group

Couldn't sleep tonight...

For the last few nights I've got very weezy when trying to sleep, coughing lots, and feeling ****, falling to sleep after a few hours.

But tonight it got a whole lot worse and I could hardly breathe at all, so I came downstairs, and eventually it went away.

I love sleep and i hate missing it

so any ideas whats up with me?
Reply 1
Sorry to be useless but i have no idea. Advice: Go talk to a doctor.

but hey you're not the only one who cant sleep neither can i, and i'm shattered lol. Tis what you get for being a nutcase lol (me not you)
I agree, go to a doctor. Last time I got like that (I'd be fine all night until I actually went bed), it turned out that I had a chest infection. Other than that though, keep plenty of fluids near you. I'd recommend something majorly water-based (such as cordial). Fizzy drinks may just irritate the problem.
Reply 3
Lifes too short to sleep
Sleep is only for the weak:cool:
Reply 4
Cheers for the advice you two, sounds like a chest infection then, cos Ive been fine until I go bed.

And laas right too< i'm a nutcase =D

And to the last guy, I must be weak then =)
Reply 5
Yeah, it could be a chest infection, or it could be that your room's really dusty or something, so when you lie down you're nearer the dust and it's a more difficult position to breathe in anyway. That happens to me when I have a chest infection, when I haven't hoovered my room for a while or when I'm staying over at my grandpa's house because the whole house is impregnated with tobacco smoke. I can't even stay there any more, I have to go to a travel lodge. But I have a mild form of asthma so things like that irritate me more easily anyway. Maybe you could get checked out for asthma as well, or maybe you're allergic to something like dust mites or an air freshener in your room?
Reply 6
I know how you feel. I love and appreciate my sleep a lot, but recently I wake up every night.

You sound like you have a chest infection, but I would go to see a doctor asap to rule out anything worse.
Also, drink some hot herbal teas before going to bed and maybe inhale for a but, this may calm your throat.
Reply 7
Maybe it's asthma.
GigoloAunt
For the last few nights I've got very weezy when trying to sleep, coughing lots, and feeling ****, falling to sleep after a few hours.

But tonight it got a whole lot worse and I could hardly breathe at all, so I came downstairs, and eventually it went away.

I love sleep and i hate missing it

so any ideas whats up with me?

Haven't a clue. Larygitis?
Reply 9
Well I did used to have quite bad athsma, but it did appear to have dissapeared as i turned about 11...

And my bed is high up and my room clean so its not dust.

And guess what? I'm up again, same reason, and I get to do my lavvley RE coursework.

At least I got an hour and half of sleep before it got really bad.

Latest

Trending

Trending