The Student Room Group

My phone went off 5 minutes before Maths GCSE exam end

My phone went off 5 minutes before Maths GCSE exam ends, we supposed to finish at 11:03 and the alarm went off st 11:00, I was putting it on silent in my bag at the end of the hall as they told oss to do but I forgot the alarm on, the observer make me write a report about what happened and they gonna send it to the exam board. do you think Im going to be disqualified as it was in the last 5 minutes or even less. Im too worried about it that I may repeat the whole year because of it.
Original post by dp.Ad
My phone went off 5 minutes before Maths GCSE exam ends, we supposed to finish at 11:03 and the alarm went off st 11:00, I was putting it on silent in my bag at the end of the hall as they told oss to do but I forgot the alarm on, the observer make me write a report about what happened and they gonna send it to the exam board. do you think Im going to be disqualified as it was in the last 5 minutes or even less. Im too worried about it that I may repeat the whole year because of it.

What you've described is worthy of a warning only. See Appendix 6 of this PDF for confirmation.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
What you've described is worthy of a warning only. See Appendix 6 of this PDF for confirmation.

Its ok for a warning, but are they going to take off something from my marks.
Original post by dp.Ad
Its ok for a warning, but are they going to take off something from my marks.

No - it's just a warning. There are three levels of sanctions:
(a) warning (no loss of marks, no disqualification),
(b) loss of marks, or
(c) disqualification / barred.

What you've described is a warning. No loss of marks. No disqualification.

Let me shows you a screenshot of Appendix 6 in the "Suspected Malpractice - Policies and Procedures", which I mentioned above.

Appendix 6 - Indicative sanctions against candidates.PNG
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
No - it's just a warning. There are three levels of sanctions:
(a) warning (no loss of marks, no disqualification),
(b) loss of marks, or
(c) disqualification / barred.

What you've described is a warning. No loss of marks. No disqualification.

Let me shows you a screenshot of Appendix 6 in the "Suspected Malpractice - Policies and Procedures", which I mentioned above.

Appendix 6 - Indicative sanctions against candidates.PNG

Thank you for the answer, I really appreciate it.
I can sleep comfortably tonight 😅.
Reply 5
Original post by dp.Ad

My phone has just went off 5 minutes before my last exam (physics) they've told me I will probably get no marks for the paper which means I'm probably going to fail the whole of science of it even though I was done 40 minutes before the exam even finished and my phone went off 5 minutes before the end
Reply 6
Original post by Kasen673
My phone has just went off 5 minutes before my last exam (physics) they've told me I will probably get no marks for the paper which means I'm probably going to fail the whole of science of it even though I was done 40 minutes before the exam even finished and my phone went off 5 minutes before the end

Bro they violating us if they do this sh*t 💀💀, I don't think they gonna handle it this way like we don't deserve that kind of punishment.
Oh wow that's wild. Not exactly the same thing, but made me think of this!

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/27/well/live/wake-up-before-alarm-clock.html

Quick Reply

Latest