The Student Room Group

Am I eating enough?

Hi :smile:

I've recently started eating more healthy because I want to loose quite a bit of weight). My only concern is that I'm not eating enough/ eating the right foods as I don't want my metabolism to slow down.

Most days:

Breakfast:
30g gluten free cornflakes
100ml unsweetened almond milk
1 banana
stevia (natural sweetener)

Lunch:
1 wholemeal pitta
2 tablespoonns reduced fat hummus

Dinner:
1 jacket potato with beans and spices
salad
Bit of butter

As a snack I have toast/apple/cashew nuts.

Is my diet healthy and Is there anything else I should be incorporating/cutting out?
I am 5'2 and 57.6 kg. Thanks!
Losing weight is all about how many calories you eat.

Use this website ( http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html ) to calculate how many calories you should be eating to lose a certain amount of weight per week.
Original post by Anonymous

I've recently started eating more healthy because I want to loose quite a bit of weight). My only concern is that I'm not eating enough/ eating the right foods as I don't want my metabolism to slow down.

Most days:

Breakfast:
1 banana

Lunch:
1 wholemeal pitta

Dinner:
salad
Bit of butter

Is my diet healthy and Is there anything else I should be incorporating/cutting out?

Sound okay but I would suggest more veg/fruit at lunch maybe for your vitamin intake. Also make sure you drink water

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by anonwinner
Losing weight is all about how many calories you eat.

Use this website ( http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html ) to calculate how many calories you should be eating to lose a certain amount of weight per week.

But do you think I'm eating enough to keep my metabolism going?
Reply 4
Original post by thelexisquiche
Sound okay but I would suggest more veg/fruit at lunch maybe for your vitamin intake. Also make sure you drink water

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks :smile: I take vitamin B, vitamin C, multivitamins and fish oil capsules in the morning aswell (forgot to mention)
But do you think I'm eating enough to keep my metabolism going?

Metabolism changes are mainly a myth. Your metabolism will not slow down significantly unless you have a serious disease
Reply 6
Anyone else? :smile:
Reply 7
bump
Reply 8
bump
Okay thanks :smile: I take vitamin B, vitamin C, multivitamins and fish oil capsules in the morning aswell (forgot to mention)

Eating the actual thing is better than tablets. Also make sure you do exercise too (or at least keep your body moving)

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's under 1000 calories ... You will just gain weight back again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most days:

Breakfast:
1 banana

175+100

Lunch:
1 wholemeal pitta
275 + 150 + 200
Dinner:
salad
Bit of butter
625 + 200 + 50 + 150

what you've written with one snack comes to 1150 calories, you could do with eating more, I'd say you'd be better eating at least 1500, you'll still be at a deficit that way but less likely to get overly hungry and binge

it doesn't look like you have much protein or many vegetables so try and include some more, a handful of tomatoes or carrot sticks with your hummus as well will not be many calories at all but it will fill you up and keep you healthy, also don't bother with reduced fat crap they just put loads of sugar and additives in to stop it tasting bad and you save few calories, fat wont make you fat but its important to make you feel satiated

Quick Reply

Latest