The Student Room Group

is art a level too difficult if you didn't do it at gcse?

hi, i just had my enrolment for college and my first choice of classics wasn't available due to timetable clashes. instead i've chosen art, which felt good at the time, but now i feel it may have been a silly decision, because i didn't do art at gcse and i figue it might be too difficult because of this.

i do have a gcse in graphic design, and i got an A which is why i think i was accepted onto the course, but i'm just wondering if i'm really going to struggle? i do very much enjoy creative subjects and i didn't do art at gcse which is one of my biggest regrets. i would love to do art at a level but if the switch is going to be too tricky i can still change my mind in the next few weeks.
Original post by lukalt
hi, i just had my enrolment for college and my first choice of classics wasn't available due to timetable clashes. instead i've chosen art, which felt good at the time, but now i feel it may have been a silly decision, because i didn't do art at gcse and i figue it might be too difficult because of this.

i do have a gcse in graphic design, and i got an A which is why i think i was accepted onto the course, but i'm just wondering if i'm really going to struggle? i do very much enjoy creative subjects and i didn't do art at gcse which is one of my biggest regrets. i would love to do art at a level but if the switch is going to be too tricky i can still change my mind in the next few weeks.

If you really want to do it, then do it. You'll enjoy it and have fun. If there's a will, there's a way. Nothing is too difficult if you're passionate about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending