The Student Room Group

This a scam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Thanks for all guys, I had an interview tomorrow and after doing a little google I found this thread. I had no idea about the course or anything, so you saved me from losing time. Hope that you guys get your money back somehow.

Thanks to all again!
Same here, just like rajko, I was a fool and fell for the scam, I have reported them to the trading standards and got a reference number. I demanded my money back or else, They promise to refund me the £395 for a course that I did not need to get a simple first line support jobs.

I am adamant that they will not get away with this false advertising, lure you into their office under the premise of a job ad, then skill assess you only to find yourself signed a contract paid them the above course and still unemployed! What a trusting fool I was...
Original post by rajko
100 % fraud .
do not go there . I lost my money. Actually they are Microsoft training provider and will you push to enroll into course.
I was so desperate to get job and I meant my lesson.

I had the very same experience with a company called Learning For You. - Stay away from them if you are looking for a job. They have several looking legitimate jobs entry level IT support and a member of their staff phone you to invite you for a so called "skill assessment" and if you are a trusting fool like me, you will fall for it and sign a contract, pay £395 for a course that I will not need for an entry level IT support job! I already reported them to the trading standards and got a reference number. I have written to them several email demanding my money back and they finally emailed me to say that they will provide a refund by the 17 March 2016! I'll let you know what happens.

If on the other hand, you want to register for an online IT course then try them. For me, once bitten... Never again so please share with your friends and family so they do not fall for the same trick.
Reply 63
I have also been fooled by this despicable company, for months I have been messed around by "Nadia" and "Sunny". I got so pissed off I wrote them a strongly worded email a week back and sunny gave me loads of crap excuses about how he had family problems with his mum in hospital, saying this is the reason he hasn't booked my exams. I feel so angry and now I am planning to make my way to their offices if i dont get a refund. i have contacted my bank and they have advised going to the police and getting a crime reference number so they can set up an investigation.
Reply 64
Original post by kavilg
I have also been fooled by this despicable company, for months I have been messed around by "Nadia" and "Sunny". I got so pissed off I wrote them a strongly worded email a week back and sunny gave me loads of crap excuses about how he had family problems with his mum in hospital, saying this is the reason he hasn't booked my exams. I feel so angry and now I am planning to make my way to their offices if i dont get a refund. i have contacted my bank and they have advised going to the police and getting a crime reference number so they can set up an investigation.

Yep go to the police ASAP theyve scammed to many people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by Souljer
Yep go to the police ASAP theyve scammed to many people

Posted from TSR Mobile

this is a few emails from sunny today.

Kavil,I told you to ring microsoft and update your profile to say your are a student and email me once you have done thisSo, where is the scam?? Still we are prepared to assist you, regarding the claims we have also reporting this to the government and trading standards and the city of London police... They are fully aware of what is going on and supporting us to remove such insubstantial claim and slander..Did you ring microsoft ???Sunny

Ok ... I am not wasting time proving that we are a ms it academyWe will be seeking legal advice and be in contact with u in due course.Instead of asking microsoft for validation , why don't you ask them to verify yourself as a student and get this exam booked

Sunny

Im hoping people on here are willing to back me up if i were to contact police
Reply 66
Smh he actually sent you these emails? Could barely make sense of them. Hes all talk contact police/citzens advice/trading standards either way they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. This topic is proof enough and I cane across others online with the same issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Souljer
Smh he actually sent you these emails? Could barely make sense of them. Hes all talk contact police/citizens advice/trading standards either way they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. This topic is proof enough and I cane across others online with the same issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you Soulijer - May God Bless you for looking out for your fellow students.

I took your advice and did exactly as you suggested.

Best Wishes.
Shams
mobile 07843 708324
Reply 68
Original post by Trusting fool
Thank you Soulijer - May God Bless you for looking out for your fellow students.

I took your advice and did exactly as you suggested.

Best Wishes.
Shams
mobile 07843 708324

What the police say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Souljer
What the police say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was given a reference number and they are following up on it.
Reply 70
Original post by Trusting fool
Was given a reference number and they are following up on it.

Which number did you contact so i can also ring them?
This is actually really common, another to charge for an over priced security check. It's really effective because people who are desperate for work will hand over the cash, and then see nothing back from it.
Original post by kavilg
Which number did you contact so i can also ring them?

It was two separate websites; one for the Trading Standard in London City and the other for Fraud Police.
Reply 73

Yes Got a response from ActionFraud.police.uk to say that the matter is now firmly in hand. Advertisement on Monster were removed and my credit card company is seeking a refund that is covered by the insurance. Best of luck to you all.
Tell them they can take it out of your pay or it's not happening
Reply 76
what happened with the job then
Reply 77
I've been scammed by learning4you and i don't know what to do someone help me please?
Original post by zxf23
I've been scammed by learning4you and i don't know what to do someone help me please?

Yes the same thing happened to me Read the reply i left to Beast-1, top thread. It is a SCAM. The best thing to do is to try and get your bank to reclaim the money if its within a specific time frame only as the bank will not refund if its been over 120 days. If you paid by credit card you will stand a far better chance to recover your money as your transaction is protected by insurance on credit card, again as long as you put a claim into your bank within a specific time period.

I would also advise you to email/contact the website or advertising company where you first applied for the job. The more people who do this is better, as only then they will remove Learning For You LTD Job listings from the website, which will affect Learning For You LTD.

You can also seek help at the citizens advice Bureau.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes the same thing happened to me its a SCAM to extract money from you the lady who interviewed me is no more. The company have disappeared from 40 Grace church street, Monument, London. The job offer is bogus.
After completing my course i emailed her to sit the mock and no reply so i visited their office at and was told they have cleared out.
After further investigation i done a check on the Boss IT Groups sister company Learning For You and it turns out the company only has £25 pounds in the bank, NO employees, only 1 share holder who's the company director and the company has 14k in liabilities!!!

I am so upset this has happened to me, i could have done the four hundred pound course elsewhere for a lot less than what i paid her.

Strongly advise others to stay away from job listings on Indeed.co.uk and Monster.co.uk which are still advertising these bogus vacancies, despite me having told them that it is a SCAM.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending