The Student Room Group

Why do guys cheat?

I know girls can too but I've never cheated on anyone. Yet three of my boyfriends have cheated on me. My last boyfriend slept with one of my friends just because I wouldn't. Surely guys don't just think about that one thing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LydiaGibson999
I know girls can too but I've never cheated on anyone. Yet three of my boyfriends have cheated on me. My last boyfriend slept with one of my friends just because I wouldn't. Surely guys don't just think about that one thing?

Some guys do and I suspect the number is higher than most people would like to admit.
Some guys cheat and so do girls, but it's a blessing when they do because you can remove them from your life #blessed

Posted from TSR Mobile
If three of your bf cheated, maybe you need to ask yourself what type of guy do you go for?
Reply 4
Ive cheated and Im a girl. Anyone can do it, for a number of reasons.
Original post by Hydeman
Some guys do and I suspect the number is higher than most people would like to admit.

Higher?

Society thinks men like sex so much that when men are raped people say oh its a man so he enjoyed it so its not rape

How much higher can the connection be?
Original post by RainbowKiwi
If three of your bf cheated, maybe you need to ask yourself what type of guy do you go for?

Older guys... My last one was 22 but they are all so focused on the one thing :frown:
Original post by ldsbabe
Ive cheated and Im a girl. Anyone can do it, for a number of reasons.

No offence but I don't understand that. It's not right whatever the reason.
Older guys... My last one was 22 but they are all so focused on the one thing :frown:

How old are ya and don't you like sex? Maybe they just had a higher sex drive than you and you weren't compatible. Doesn't excuse their cheating cos that makes them ****s for sleepin around while being in a relationship.
Original post by Thisguy11
Higher?

Society thinks men like sex so much that when men are raped people say oh its a man so he enjoyed it so its not rape

How much higher can the connection be?

I said the number was higher and have no idea what you mean by 'connection.'

Please don't respond to my posts since you clearly haven't read the last one and seem to have just picked a random post to reply to regarding your unrelated grievances with 'society.'
Original post by Hydeman
I said the number was higher and have no idea what you mean by 'connection.'

Please don't respond to my posts since you clearly haven't read the last one and seem to have just picked a random post to reply to regarding your unrelated grievances with 'society.'

Okay so I mistyped

But you think the number of guys who only want sex is higher??

then justify society telling men they cant be raped.
Never cheated #Kappa
Sex is pretty important for most of us, ngl. Nevertheless, it doesn't justify cheating.
The same reason that women cheat - because of weakness towards temptation. I can see why a guy would go off with someone else if a girl wouldn't sleep with him - I mean, a relationship without intimacy is just a friendship, what's the point? - BUT, by go off with, I mean finish with them and then move on, not cheat on them and sleep with someone else while you're still with them.
Reply 14
Ive never cheated on someone.
I mean ive never been with anyone but thats besides the point.
Original post by RainbowKiwi
How old are ya and don't you like sex? Maybe they just had a higher sex drive than you and you weren't compatible. Doesn't excuse their cheating cos that makes them ****s for sleepin around while being in a relationship.

Im 16 but everyone says I look a lot older and I go clubbing a lot. I do like sex but only if I've been with the person for a while and they treat me right. It makes me feel like there's something wrong with me... Instead of waiting for me they get it from somewhere else.
No offence but I don't understand that. It's not right whatever the reason.

But that's a very immature view to take. When you grow up things happen and life happens and its not always as cut and dry as 'its not always right.'
Reply 17

How old are you?
Original post by Thisguy11
Okay so I mistyped

But you think the number of guys who only want sex is higher??

then justify society telling men they cant be raped.

Why should I justify that? I'm not the mouthpiece for this entity you call 'society.' Neither have I said this myself.

I said it was higher than most people would like to admit since people often like to attribute a successful relationship to other things such as love and commitment, forgetting that sex is usually the glue that holds it all together.

Take that away and the chance of cheating is greatly increased unless both are asexual or have low sex drives. If one person has a higher sex drive than the other and cannot get sex from within the relationship, it's likely that their animal mind, eager as ever to propagate the person's genes, will seek other avenues to do so.
Original post by ldsbabe
But that's a very immature view to take. When you grow up things happen and life happens and its not always as cut and dry as 'its not always right.'

Immature? Right okay. Whatever you say hahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending