The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by londonboi2
It's cos a lot of them aren't allowed out the house. Why do you think the pak society on here is so active. Some of the girls on there are not allowed to do anything yet send nudes etc in secret

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. Lots of Pakistani women can be so two-faced and hypocritical that sometimes we're better off just not talking to them despite how hard we try.
I like the NW Indian and Pakistani looking ones (Punjabis, Pakistani Pashtuns, Kashmiris, some Gujaratis and some Bengalis).
(edited 8 years ago)
what races are there really in terms of skin tone apart from india/pakistan/bangl and iran/turkmen/uzbek/kajik(etc)? *gets glasses out*
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by asif007
Exactly. Lots of Pakistani women can be so two-faced and hypocritical that sometimes we're better off just not talking to them despite how hard we try.

Lots of them are curfewed. Ie. Can't live out for uni, phone gets checked by dad's etc. They aren't trusted by there family. They do rubbish subjects at uni and then get married off and never work Then there are modern ones studying medicine law etc who will work when they married etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
none
I don't know, without being rude, I dont actually know/can't tell the difference.:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asif007

Pakistani girls, on the other hand, are too conservative and traditional. While some of them can be drop-dead gorgeous, they don't dance and they always wear miserable looks on their faces at any function cos they're too scared of men staring at them. If I wanted to prioritise a woman's personality above her looks, that would be very off-putting to me.

Plenty of them do dance at Mehndis or weddings, unless they're from a Salafi type family.
Original post by londonboi2
Lots of them are curfewed. Ie. Can't live out for uni, phone gets checked by dad's etc. They aren't trusted by there family. They do rubbish subjects at uni and then get married off and never work Then there are modern ones studying medicine law etc who will work when they married etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For most girls from very conservative families - yes, that is true. It's a vicious cycle when parents keep encouraging their children to aim higher but once they get their degrees, most of them don't work. I have more respect for modern Pakistani women who do work (before and after marriage), and I wouldn't expect anything less from a potential wife. But if I'm going to date or even marry a Pakistani woman, she must must dance and she must enjoy Bollywood films (that's a personal preference based on my own interests). Cos I'm so sick of seeing arranged marriages happen where the couples have nothing in common, they have children and then split up - leaving the child rarely (if ever) seeing their father.

Original post by Ravenous
Plenty of them do dance at Mehndis or weddings, unless they're from a Salafi type family.

You sure about that? I'm Pakistani and I've been to several weddings and functions over the last few years. The only women I've seen dancing are my mum and aunts (cos we're a fairly progressive family) and a handful of others. Never seen more than about 10 women dance at one event. I wouldn't call that plenty... :s-smilie:
Reply 68
Sri Lankan :biggrin:
They all look the same to me.
Original post by asif007

You sure about that? I'm Pakistani and I've been to several weddings and functions over the last few years. The only women I've seen dancing are my mum and aunts (cos we're a fairly progressive family) and a handful of others. Never seen more than about 10 women dance at one event. I wouldn't call that plenty... :s-smilie:

Yes I am sure, well that's the experience I've had all my life anyway. A quick YouTube search backs this up as well.
Original post by vis break
Pakistani's cuz bossman always slides me extra wings when I go to his shop
so true
Original post by kart180
im a english born tamil sri lakan and i do think we good looking too but sinhalese is ok however mum said never date or marry one

Why :erm:
Pakistani women although Aishwarya rai and deepeka 👌👌👌
Original post by Ravenous
Yes I am sure, well that's the experience I've had all my life anyway. A quick YouTube search backs this up as well.

OK. Maybe it's just the type of people attending the weddings I've been to. None of my cousins enjoy dance as much as I do so I suppose I have high expectations when it comes to dancing at weddings, lol. :smile:
Original post by asif007
Punjabi Pakistani right here. Chak De Phatte! :smile:

Lol cool. Punjabis all the way! :smile:
Indian isn't a race. There are dozens of different racial groups in India.
Original post by TheBBQ
There is. My grandfather was actually from what is now Lahore before we became two countries. And I agree :smile:

Original post by BrokenLife
Aw that's nice to know. My grandfather was from Amritsar before the Indo-Pak partition.

My grandma was from Lahore pre partition too!!
Original post by sachinisgod
My grandma was from Lahore pre partition too!!

Aw nice to know. :smile:
Original post by BrokenLife
Lol cool. Punjabis all the way! :smile:

Funjabi munde love their kudiyan, lol :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending