The Student Room Group

Can AABBC (Scottish higher) get me into medical school?

Okay so in s4 I got A1A1AAAAAB in my intermediate 2 exams (music, art, biology, chemistry, maths, English, computing and physics) and a C in GCSE Religious Studies but only got AABBC (Biology, art, chemistry, English, maths). My higher grades this year were extremely disappointing but I'm having a remark in Maths. Still year I'm taking AH Biology, AH Chemistry, AH Art and H music and I'm hoping to get A1/2AA A1 when my result come through next August.

Is there any chance of an English university giving me offers, I'm sitting both UKCAT and BMAT but of the two I'm much stronger in the BMAT scoring an average of 6.5.

Any help would be fantastic!
Original post by AuntKathy
Okay so in s4 I got A1A1AAAAAB in my intermediate 2 exams (music, art, biology, chemistry, maths, English, computing and physics) and a C in GCSE Religious Studies but only got AABBC (Biology, art, chemistry, English, maths). My higher grades this year were extremely disappointing but I'm having a remark in Maths. Still year I'm taking AH Biology, AH Chemistry, AH Art and H music and I'm hoping to get A1/2AA A1 when my result come through next August.

Is there any chance of an English university giving me offers, I'm sitting both UKCAT and BMAT but of the two I'm much stronger in the BMAT scoring an average of 6.5.

Any help would be fantastic!

Yes you can. Do some research and you will find if you get a good ukcat and bmat score your options are exeter, bsms, uea, newcastle, lecister and keele. Up until this year they only considered AH or a combination of AH and H. But keele require very good caring role experiance. But check again with each uni for 2016.
I was in a similar situation this year hence all the above info.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by cannotdecide
Yes you can. Do some research and you will find if you get a good ukcat and bmat score your options are exeter, bsms, uea, newcastle, lecister and keele. Up until this year they only considered AH or a combination of AH and H. But keele require very good caring role experiance. But check again with each uni for 2016.
I was in a similar situation this year hence all the above info.
Good luck!

Thanks! BSMS I think is my best option for application since BMAT is a better exam for me than UKCAT but I never thought of Keele! Did you get in to ned school?
Original post by AuntKathy
Thanks! BSMS I think is my best option for application since BMAT is a better exam for me than UKCAT but I never thought of Keele! Did you get in to ned school?

After alot of research my only choice was keele. So i taylored my whole application round it. Got an interview in the first lot of invites. Even my teachers were shocked. Anyway i missed the cutoff for an offer by couple of points. Im going down the graduate route now as overall my grades are the weakest part of my application. But im not giving up :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending