The Student Room Group

is it possible to transfer.....?

I will be starting university this year, studying law. I want to know if its possible for me to transfer to a better university after year one with good degree grades. Due to extensive research and general communication with others I have been advised and recommended to transfer university.

Much appreciated!!!
sometimes possible but never recommended
Reply 2
Original post by SamuelSingleton
sometimes possible but never recommended

Nah I honestly want to transfer I forgot to apply to the university
Original post by 458zai

Understandable if you don't want to go to the university you're going to, but you're assuming that the university will still have a place for you, what if nobody drops out and there physically isn't the space for you to transfer - nothing you can do about that, and would have wasted 1 year of study + funding
Original post by 458zai

Then don't start at the university you don't want to go to. If you don't manage to transfer, what will you do then?

Read this:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424
Original post by 458zai
I will be starting university this year, studying law. I want to know if its possible for me to transfer to a better university after year one with good degree grades. Due to extensive research and general communication with others I have been advised and recommended to transfer university.

Much appreciated!!!

Original post by 458zai

Law transfers can be difficult because all law degrees have to cover certain subjects. If you go to university 1 and cover subjects ABC in your first year, then want to transfer to university 2 which covers DEF in the first year and ABC in the second then you are in trouble.
Reply 6
The university I'm going to is fine it's jut that I would like to try at least to gain a place at a another uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending