The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
I got an email from King's with a PDF attachment telling me which apartment I'd been allocated a few hours ago (I got Stamford Street).

Snap! Was my 4th choice, but I'm chuffed nonetheless.

See you in 4 weeks :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I got Hughes Parry Hall, and am really confused, because it was 9th on my list; I really do not want catered halls :/
Is there anyone who'd be willing to swap for GDS/Wolfson/Stamford Street? Brian Creamer would be fine too, I just don't want to be catered!
Reply 982
Looking to swap Moonraker point single ensuite for any of wolfson, great dover street, hampstead or stamford street.

Moonraker point is right near Guys Campus so if location is priority this great, brand new apartments as well

Just PM me if interested
Does anyone know what period of time the first batch of offers are sent out over?
oh my goodness i seem to have gotten very lucky, i got hampstead :smile: anyone else joining me on the heath? :biggrin:
Reply 985
Original post by gufil
here are the details, as directly quoted from my friend :smile:

..it is close to tube like 5 mins, nice neighbourhood close to city centre, every floor has its own kitchen and bathrooms, that can be a problem though cos 8 people will use the same kitchen and bathrooms. anyway as my friend says it is a fair deal as you consider the rents in london via money/performance parity :smile:

I guess im not going to be there for the 3day events cos i'll be there at 14th sep, I'll join the 1day event but Im sure you that you can give the details of the other days, haha..

Thank you so much and of course no problem to give the information I get at the Orientation days :smile:
Reply 986
Any idea how long do we have to wait before we start getting worried that there's something wrong with the system? Just asking.
BTW I'm from the EU if that changes anything (the first ones to recieve offers are the international students, right?).
Original post by atomnuker
Any idea how long do we have to wait before we start getting worried that there's something wrong with the system? Just asking.
BTW I'm from the EU if that changes anything (the first ones to recieve offers are the international students, right?).

I'm a UK student and I still haven't heard anyway. I've got no idea what timescale the offers are sent over, so I'll probably phone them tomorrow.
Reply 988
are you talking about offers for accomodation?. I live in the UK and got an email today. I also rang them earlier and they tell you what accomodation you're in. Unfortunately I got one that i didn't want
Original post by JC94
are you talking about offers for accomodation?. I live in the UK and got an email today. I also rang them earlier and they tell you what accomodation you're in. Unfortunately I got one that i didn't want

what did you get?
Reply 990
Hughes Parry Hall but I want something that is close to strand campus and self catered. Preferably Stamford Street Apartment
Original post by JC94
Hughes Parry Hall but I want something that is close to strand campus and self catered. Preferably Stamford Street Apartment

Was "Stamford Street Apartment" your first choice on the application?
Reply 992
Yeah and Hughes Parry Hall wasn't even any of my choices and i had 8 choices
Original post by JC94
Yeah and Hughes Parry Hall wasn't even any of my choices and i had 8 choices

Same here, I got Hughes Parry Hall but it was like my 7th choice :s-smilie:
Anyone willing to swap for Great Dover Street/Stamford Street/Wolfson/Brian Creamer?
I'm at Guy's, so Hughes Parry Hall isn't ideal unfortunately.
Reply 994
I am also looking for a swap.
I do not want a catered hall so anyone who wants a catered hall and has a self catered hall, can you private message me

thanks
Reply 995
I'd be up to swap for any catered accomodation(save for nutford) if I got an offer for one without. Of course I must first get an offer.
Original post by gtfo
Snap! Was my 4th choice, but I'm chuffed nonetheless.

See you in 4 weeks :smile:

4th choice? Eek :/ I hope you still like it! I was really glad to get it because it's within walking distance from the Strand campus :biggrin: yup, see you :biggrin:
Reply 997
Original post by kh1994
Hey guys! got my accommodation through today and got the intercollegiate halls in bloomsbury (a single room at canterbury hall). This is convenient if you are at the strand campus but im at guys campus so would appreciate somewhere closer, plus catered halls doesnt suit my course and i have been told i may have an issue getting to meal times, so if anyone is in stamford street or great dover street apartments and would like to switch please let me know as soon as possible :smile:
Thanks!

I actually really wanted Canterbury Hall but have ended up with Moonraker which I believe is closer to Guy's whilst I'm at the Strand...so if you're willing would be up for a swap. How does that work!?!
Reply 998
I deferred last year. I still got accommodation, SSA last year. This year I got Commonwealth hall. Please say someone else at KCL is going to be there. Just gonna look on the bright side. I didn't want catered :frown: Hey ho!
Reply 999
Have a place at moonraker point (ensuite, close to waterloo and guys, shiny new halls) that I'd swap for anything tbh!

Edit: This is a joke, people complaining about getting Hampstead when I'd LOVE to live there!
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest