The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

haven't heard anything

I've applied to do geog (BSc) my ucas was sent in november and all my other offers were also recieved in november, but i havent heard anything from exeter yet.
will all the open days be over if i get an offer now and what do people think about this, why is it taking so long for them to give me a decision??:confused: and is it just a case of no news is good news?
i emailed them a wile ago asking where my application was and they just said that they were still deciding because my grades are a bit lower. is this good or bad?
Reply 1
It is good they are still considering you. Don't worry too much, I applied for Ancient History and History at the beginning of October and still haven't heard. I think it depends. The fact you haven't been rejected though is definitely a good sign!!!! Think positive!!! Good Luck :smile: :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
It's good- your grades are a bit lower, but they're still considering you anyway, so they must like you :smile:
Reply 3
:ditto: Plus Exeter is notorious for taking ages with their offers, they were the 5th place I heard from out of the 6 I applied for, with only Nottingham taking longer :smile:
Reply 4
yeah i wouldn't panic too much! i didn't get my offer till late march and neither did a lot of people i know... it's just that exeter get so so so many applicants.... imagine sifting through all that! its like my worst nightmare lol x
Yeah, applications to Exeter were up by about 23% overall this year, and with some subjects it was as much as 60%! I got my offer from them in December last year and they were the 5th uni out of 6 for me as well, with only Cambridge taking longer, understandably because of interviews.
If they dont want you, you'd know by now.
Reply 7
ok cheers guys!!! :smile:
Reply 8
Yeah i'm still waiting on them to reply........damn them! :frown:
Reply 9
it's true, Exeter's applications department seems to take forever to process applications. When I applied last year, I don't think I heard until January, and of course this year they have far more applications. I think the fact that they told you they were still deciding is good news - presumably they were convinced by your personal statement, but they've got a few students they're trying to choose between. Fingers crossed!
Reply 10
I'm in the same situation, I've recieved offers and been in contact with every other uni but I haven't heard anything from Exeter.
Reply 11
Ooooh, Bass, you're going to be a HuSSie! (member of HuSS, the school of Humanities and Social Sciences) :wink:

It's fun, even though the organisational skills of the department leave much to be desired :smile:
Reply 12
My flatmate does HP&S here - she seems to enjoy it. Everyone laughs at her for having a ridiculously long title for her degree though :p:
Reply 13
haha awesome

Latest

Trending

Trending